Monday 17 January 2011

A strange day

My symptoms before diagnosis which was just over 10 years ago which led to MRI, was afew UTIs, veering to the right, bumping into things, having to kneel on the floor after having bath, because of feeling dizzy, clumsyness, being generally off balance, couldnt carry two cups of coffee just not possible, I knew something was amiss. I went to diabetes clinic for results of MRI, so as we waited in the waiting room my sister and then husband, laughing and joking together, we then went in to see consultant/neuro. well soon wiped the smile off of my face, I thought the worst would be I'd be diabetic. At exact moment diagnosis was given, I experienced two emotions at exactly the same time, one was relief as I knew something just wasnt right, and the other was complete devestation, where zimmer frames and wheelchairs popped into my head, lucky my sister who is a nurse was with me, as at that moment I heard nothing of what was said, I was in a whole different broken world. Not a good day, not a good day at all.

Thank goodness, I now know very different, they messed up at my expense, but hey! I've survived the total mess that exists, I've systematically broken it all down, and now I know what needs to be done, so now I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment