Sunday 30 January 2011

Mental Health

I think that the whole Mental Health issue is greatly misunderstood by some. Over the few years mine has been in every scenario you can think of.

I have stood on that very fine line between sanity and insanity, only for a moment but an incredibly scarey place to be,

I had withdrawel when coming off an antideppresent effexor/venlaflaxine, now luckily I expected some oddities, so when paranoiya set in for a few days, I just hung on in there hoping that it would soon pass, and it did.





There are many other situations, not having the "fight or "flight" ability also creates some anxiety issues.

I now have no fear for myself, as I have had to confront them, I'm not even scared of spiders any more.

My Dad was diagnosed with cancer, had a marriage seperation, found out an affair was happening, mother-in-law died and my son got excluded from school, all within a matter of weeks of eachother.

I now in the last 3 months stopped taking anti deppressants, I could do tis because today I am strong mentally, took some knocks and ups and downs getting here, but I got here all the same.

Antidepressant should just be given to give extra support  whilst we deal with the issues that effect us mentally, they shouldnt always be needed long term, as the cause of the depression needs to be sorted and dealt with, not just covered up.

I am lucky I have radically changed my life and am now strong, others need the support and help to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment