Saturday 28 May 2011

my chair does me no favours

I have become aware just recently that my chair design has poor support. Iam trying to sit more upright but the back of my chair leans backwards, no back support at all, this certainly does not help with lumber spine, so I have adapted by 2 rolled up towels to sit me forward. I think my NHS physio who adminstered who introduced me to acupucture thought so, as she rolled a towel yp and put it behind me, which immediately caused be back pain, she then said tt she would get me back on y feet using a walker.

When I saw John my chiro on friday, he said the base of the chair is no good as it sags, he has suggested that I sit in a well padded supoortive say kitchen chair, but perhaps shorten he legs as drop fom back of knee to foot should be the  same and my feet should be flat on the floor.

As I see it poor supportive chairs could be making others problems worse.

I wish that when I was allocated this chair, that I knew its poor support and I would have paid some towards a superior style of chair that would be more suitable.

I intend to get out of this chair perminantly so will have to make my own adaptions, I took the sides off and footplates off way back as I needed to stregthen my core and sides hinder that.

Why chiropractors are not involved in the design of chairs supplied I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment