Thursday 26 May 2011

by cutting out suger and yeast kills Candida, is that why diet a success

Recovering but with Vigilance

I am now gluten-free, soy free, corn free and nightshade free for two months, but it continues to be day-by-day. The change in my health has been dramatic. I was diagnosed with MS in 2003 and I immediately started on Avonex. While I had only one relapse (early 2004), the Avonex really bothered me. I had intense side effects that lasted 48-72 hours. I had brain fog, intense and fatigue, with pain in every area of my body. I felt nauseated nearly everyday I and had intense stomach pain. I had occasional bladder problems. In addition, the eczema I had since birth got worse. My doctor could not explain the near daily headaches and other symptoms (pain and eczema).
When I could no longer stomach the thought of living with the pain, fatigue, and the side effects of Avonex, I decided I had to try alternative therapies. My diet was already very good with no beef and lots of fresh veggies and fruit. I became intrigued by the MS Recovery Diet and decided to try it. Moreover, I read elsewhere that gluten was a problem for people with eczema. I eliminated dairy, gluten, yeast, red meat and eggs from my diet. Within a week, I felt better, but I begin to notice other foods bothered me, especially corn, potatoes, and beans. I eliminated these foods, too, and my overall health improved dramatically. After a month, I no longer had brain fog, fatigue body pain, or stomach aches.
Twenty years ago I stopped running (I regularly ran 40-50 miles a week) because the fatigue and heat bothered me. Five weeks ago I started to run again. No pain, no problems with overheating, or fatigue.
I have had some small setbacks and I have learned that I must be vigilant with my food. Any bit of gluten, soy or potato starch bothers me. Within hours I experience numbness, bladder problems, and I get nauseated.

No comments:

Post a Comment