Friday 17 December 2010

anticipation is a pain

In the mornings, although painful I have to straighten my right leg as my calf musle has over these few weeks oncredibly tight (just a temp thing), but once stretched eases it. So I have got in the habbit of folding my quilt longways in half, and laying on my front to release it. I kneel on all four ready to fall forward knowing its going to hurt. But I have learnt something this morning, the more anxious and tense I get anticipating how much it is going to hurt, because my body tenses, makes it hurt even more, ouch, so this morning I concerntrated on relaxing, not easy, but I did it and do you know what, didnt hurt no where near as much. like laying on a bed of nails, I always wondered what the secret was, perhaps this is it eh!

So bottom line is: the anticipation and rigidity it causes in the body, causes the pain to hurt much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment