Wednesday 1 December 2010

Staying out of NHS system

I can't express how happy and relieved I am that I stayed out of the NHS system. Any system really, I was on MS Society website not for advice or empathy, but to prevoke thought debate, and get answers to theories, I was on there for eight months, and gleened some most valuable information from others, sometime when there weren't any answers to a question or theory I had put forward, that in itself gave me a most valuable answer. I had two hats as a personality, a silly hat where I would have a bit of a laugh swapping humour etc I think that I had built up a nice casual relationship with others. But I would also have my serious hat and I think others were aware when I did, and would answer my questions etc quite matter of factly. You see I only deal with the bottom line only, so cut out all the unecessary waffle, I like to get  straight to the point  as politely as I can. I had to take extreme care not to frighten people with certain things as I was quite aware there were much younger people out there, and I didnt want to cause them worry or stress. The young ones are the people I would like to express my theories etc and they might strike a chord. Dont be convinced by others either medics or even others diagnosed, that you have to accept it and thats it. Because if you are like me NO you dont, you are still you and follow your GUT reaction. I am lucky have a great non judgemental and supportive family as to what I wish to achieve. I have had to become a kind of recluse, my choice though, absolutely, I choose not to use my wheelchair, so at mo crawl a lot, my son is ok with that, he can see the other improvements in me, my walking was the first to be affected, so it will be the last to return. So when I have to struggle here or struggle there, I say out loud to myself, its not permenant but temporary, and that makes a tremedous difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment