Friday 18 February 2011

All about trust

Over the last week I had developed the painful condition of housemaids knee, which included a significant swelling to my left leg, the surface was red as if I had sat in the sun. Anyway a Doctor called and prescribed me antibiotics, but as I was convinced that perhaps it was all meridian related and I had awful back pain one night, I stopped taking them. I rang my Doctors surgery and explained that I wanted to manage it with cold compresses and believed it would go on its own accord. I was booked a home visit as my Doctor insisted that I needed one.
And thank goodness she did. I think that I was stuck in a quandry, because of being misdiagnosed, I dont think I trusted them 100%, also I have become not to trust drugs, after watching how rampantly they are prescribed to others who may be just like me, drug on drug on drug. Anyway the kind Doctor explained to me the consequences of a major infection developing and that I risked becoming sick. I suddenly realised how foolish I was being, and have accepted wholeheartedly a second course of different antibiotics.

I mistrusted medicine, but the Doctor was so kind and understanding and convinced me otherwise, to which I am very grateful, very grateful indeed.

I could have learnt the hard way, I had become somewhat paranoid and did one thing I am totally against, I tarred them all with the same brush, and that is not only stupid but wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment