Sunday 8 September 2013

page 3 these are diagnosed young, how many are left in limbo

would like to meet people of a similar age to me

79 posts / 0 new
Last post
VinceA
16 Apr 2013 at 7:18AM
Are there any meet ups in the North Manchester area that happen, maybe for a face to face/dicuss worries/family/let your hair down where all have the same diagnosis without sitting round with cups of tea?
I muted this on the other forum and wondered if the younger generations would appreciate something like this. Found there was one for females in Bolton but is there any others? Would people appreciate one?
bitesochou
26 Apr 2013 at 9:40AM
Hi Rebecca, i'm John, diagnosed MS 1,5 yers. I'm 24 years old and olways happy to talk

[Edited]
Anonymous
25 May 2013 at 11:53PM
I'm 25 if that helps?! I have secondary progressive ms n know no1 with ms! I only got diagnose 2yrs ago n it has gone from 0-60 in that time! Careers 4 prety much everything!
I lost my sight aprox 6yrs ago which they r now saying was my 1st symptom where as wen I was going 2 the drs at the time all i got was its psychosomatic and stress i mean how degrading!!!!!!
Now I'm wheelchair bound in and out,pins n needles,spasms swallowing difoulties, lots of pain n fatigue just to name a flew! But it wide be nice 2 get 2 knw sum1 who is also batling this horrid disease even if it is just 2 know we rnt alone in this!!!
lemon_cupcake
27 May 2013 at 3:24PM
Hi everyone xxx

VinceA
06 Jun 2013 at 7:37AM
Hello Lemon_cupcake, hope you are well?
Vince
Claysoh
24 Jun 2013 at 10:02PM
Hi Rebecca and everyone else (1st time posting on here)
I'm 25 if that helps ? I was diagnosed with RRMS in February this year after waking up xmas day to a, wha i now know was a horrendous relapse of double vision, numbness in left side of body, drop foot, muscle spasms (I don't do it by halves!) And am currently using a walking stick. The diagnosis was an absolute shock to me as at no point when I was having the MRI, seeing the docs, neuro etc, no one mentioned MS to me. A family friend has it, which has been a great comfort, but like you, I don't know anyone in my age group with and would really love to talk/meet. You're not alone :)
Angel J.A
16 Jul 2013 at 8:41PM
Hi Rebecca...
I hope you are feeling better. Umm.. I'm 17 years old and diagnosed recently with RRMS. If you need to talk to someone I am willing to listen eventhough I'm not the same age as you..Be Positive and Stay Strong.

--Angel
chris_travis
16 Jul 2013 at 8:52PM
Skype??
Travis020985
Bonniescotsgirl
17 Jul 2013 at 5:39PM
Hi, I'm 40, had my first symptoms at 34 and have been taking high strength vitamin D and Omega 3 every since. First relapse 6 months ago, after a stressful time, still very mild thankfully.
Happy to talk to anyone with any questions.
K
sparkle184
03 Aug 2013 at 5:05PM
Wow, its nice to see so many people in the same boat (not nice that so many of us have ms i know).
I'm 23 and have RRMS, i'm not sure how the private message thing works on here but i'm sure i can figure it out is anyone fancies a chat :)
Emma x

sus983
08 Aug 2013 at 2:32AM
Hey, I'm Susie, 31, not been diagnosed but have initial signs with lesions on my brain. I'm finding it all very difficult and confusing, even though I know and hope that my next MRI will be clear, and would also really appreciate talking to someone of a similar age! I don't know if it goes against the rules of the forum so I've not posted it, but have just written a blog (not something I have ever done) to try and work through my thoughts a bit. If it is ok, and anyone is interested I'll give you the address. I would welcome any connection and chat whether it is there or here!! x
ellisamanda
09 Aug 2013 at 12:38PM
hi
im ellis i got diagnoised in march im 22 but would love to talk to someone with ms.
i dont no anyone i feel wquite alone and would love to hear other stories how they cope.
i dont understand how these work but i want to give it ago.
Princesspinkipie
13 Aug 2013 at 7:31PM
I'm 23 and jut diagnosed I'd like to chat and make friends! (: xx
Anonymous
14 Aug 2013 at 1:37PM
Hi all! X
Vintage_Red
14 Aug 2013 at 9:58PM
Hi Rebecca (and all) - I am Ami, 30, live in Bristol and diagnosed 2 weeks ago and am reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally struggling so I would love to chat, even coffee with anyone to try and find some support and hopefully in turn be of support to you x
tenaka07
01 Sep 2013 at 8:14AM
Hi Rebecca

 I'm Kate was dx 5 months ago and i'm 34.
Whereabouts do you live? im in hastings (south coast)
Talking to others on here has really helped me!!!
Kate x x x
Sunshine
01 Sep 2013 at 11:05AM
Many years ago someone brought me something called a soul catcher which is a journal - it's really good and is useful to use to write down feelings - it has different sections in it and you can put pictures in it etc. thought I'd mention to anyone that wants something to write their feelings and thoughts etc as I found this to be the best one. Think it's Kathy and Amy Eldon that designed it. It may help some people so check it out - think its only on amazon as I haven't seen it in stores anywhere.
suinegrekopa
03 Sep 2013 at 3:52PM
hey so im 27 and i was 24 when i was diagnosed
if u wana chat message me
btw if anyone is in the north west, the ms therapy centre (NW) is an easy way to meet people with ms and i actually volunteer on tuesdays
http://www.tmstc.org/
there is a link to the website

No comments:

Post a Comment