Sunday 29 September 2013

Clares story, they are just stringing her along- it's disgraceful

Chances of ms after cis? Age. Vit D.
Author
Post
Clare-
29 Sep 2013 at 8:56AM
Hi all
I've been away for a bit, trying not to dwell on all this. Now, after quite a long wait I now have the results of all the tests. The outcome is that everything else is ruled out, and I have had a CIS event - transverse myelitis I.e. All my lower body symptoms were caused by one spinal lesion.
I know that the chances of getting a second attack - which would then mean MS - are hard to predict. I have one brain lesion. If it were zero then it would be 20% chance of a second attack. If I had many brain lesions,it would be a very high chance. 1 (small) lesion is a bit insignificant, but nonetheless the neuro said it did mean chances were prob a bit higher than 20%.
What I didn't ask, and I'm wondering if any of you have idea, is whether age plays a factor? Does the fact that I'm relatively old (42) to be first getting this mean it's less likely to develop into ms? Also if it does develop, does the severity of attacks have any correlation with age?(either way?)
Btw, I was also told to take vit d supplements in winter. Any advice about that? I assume much cheaper over the counter than on prescription - anything wrong with supermarket ones?
Many thanks in advance for your always helpful advice and support!
Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment