Monday 9 September 2013

This is exactly my point, clear MRIs-Atlas related,

Hospital
Author
Post
roberta1962
08 Sep 2013 at 7:26PM
Hi,
I have been in hospital for ten days, they admitted me due to weakness and tingling in right arm and leg, blurred vision and constant leaking in right eye, hand tremor and urinating at least 4x an hour, even at night. In hospital I had an MRI of head with contrast and one of spine without contrast, they came back clear, Dr advised me they were looking for brain mets or stroke as I was previously dx with breast cancer in 2005. These symptoms have been getting gradually worse over last 6mths, Dr released me from hospital and told me they are all in my head. My daughter was with me earlier at home and my weak leg gave way completely and I fell over on to my back, which I have also had extreme pain lately in lower spine.
My daughter wants me to go to my GP tomorrow as she is worried it could be MS? but surely that would have shown on MRI? I feel like I am going crazy as I have been off work now for two weeks and have to go into work and say it is all in my head.
Could anyone advise me please? am at my wits end.
Thanks in advance,
Roberta
Vithfari
09 Sep 2013 at 2:28PM
The clear MRI scans probably does make make MS unlikely but if they weren't looking for it. i.e. they asked the radiologist is there signs of brain mets or stroke that is the question that would be answered and if MS like lesions weren't obvious the radiologist might not look or see them.
If it got to the point of falling over its not all in being told its all in your head is not good enough. Of course it may well not be MS they are many causes of MS like symptoms, e.g. certain vitamin deficiencies. I think a trip to the GP would be called for.

roberta1962
09 Sep 2013 at 6:36PM
Thank you for reply, been to Dr today, she say they were only looking for brain mets and stroke, and that she thinks symptoms will settle down, has written me sick note for ten days in hospital as back pain, I suppose I will just have to live with it, but so hard getting no sleep and up every hour at night for loo....
Vithfari
09 Sep 2013 at 11:10PM
Yes, sleep deprivation is debilitating. I hope things. Settle soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment