Sunday 6 March 2011

Its certainly been an experience

When I given an MS diagnosis, at that precise instant I experienced two emotions at exactly the same time. Total relief as I had always known something was going on. Total devestation, as zimmer frames, wheelchairs enter your mind I then took nothing else in, as my mind was preoccupied, my world had just crashed and burned. Your future is then a forgone conclusion, and your are now no longer in charge of you life or destiny and that to me is the biggest misunderstanding of all. As I am now fully in charge of mine and I will walk again, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but I will do it. I suppose as I sit here I am a stronger person now than I have ever been in my life, and I have great advantage in knowing what I do, and I can now smile a true honest smile, not one that stands infront incredible sadness and loss, so my endorphins are now flowing, now thats a catch 22 I like being in, those are good tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment