Tuesday 8 March 2011

could be me

Default I came across this posting  back in 2006, and apart from the headaches, I can put my hand up to this one. When the hips shift, it causes much in and around that area
 
 
Flank(kidney?)pain & severe headaches

I desperately need someone's help. I am a 24 year old male who has been having intense flank (kidney?) pain and severe headaches for 1 year. I've had countless tests (MRI's, CAT scans, ultrasound, X-rays, blood tests, etc. and all they've come up with is that the headaches are cluster headaches. I truly believe there is something wrong with my kidney's which are causing the headaches - but I've had numerous urine test and a kidney ultrasound (along with MRI's & CAT scans) but they say everything is normal. I also have bouts of diraherra and constipation, feel tired & exhausted all the time and then can't sleep. I'm exhausted and in constant pain. They say my flank pain is "pychological" and have me going to therapist/psychiatrist now - which is not helping. I'm doing everything they ask just to get relief. They are treating the headaches with migraine types of medicine but nothing really has helped. I've gone to a chiropractor who took x-rays and said my hips are out of line which causes my spine to be out of line and said that was the cause of my flank pain & headaches. I went to 10 visits and it seemed to help my flank pain for a day or two but then it always came back. The physician did his own x-rays and he says everything is normal! No one believes my pain is real anymore and seem reluctant to do further tests. I can't live this way. The doctors spend like 2 minutes in the room with you and don't care. I've been thinking about contacting the Mayo clinic - but I have no insurance so don't know if they would help. I really need some direction before I go completely insane

No comments:

Post a Comment