Wednesday 20 November 2013

Is CIS (clinically isolated Syndrome) just Atlas related and just that simple

nyone else still diagnosed as CIS and not MS?
Author
Post
Anonymous
19 Nov 2013 at 6:54PM
Hi, have my neuro appt tomorow, I'm a little anxious as expected.  I know that not everyone who has a CIS goes onto develop MS.  I have lesions on brain and spine so have a much higher chance than someone without MRI evidence (around 80% i gather).   I just wonderd if there is anyone on here is still diagnosed as CIS and not MS with multiple lesions ?  Had my CIS in Feb, new MRI shows no new lesions and I'm around 95% recovered. I'm in no rush to be diagnosed with MS and would prefer to be in limbo land.. Thanks x
19 Nov 2013 at 9:04PM
I have CIS with brain lesions but am still recovering from the symptoms. Don't like the idea of living with a black cloud above my head of a possible relapse and MS diagnosis though :( How have you found it?
Anonymous
20 Nov 2013 at 2:58PM
Was diagnosed with MS today, the neuro said he couldn't be sure  though but the latest MRI seems suggestive. He also said the new lesions I have on brain and spine may be from the CIS period and might not more recent but I now could have an LP if I wanted.  I guess its the 3rd MRI scan that will show if its multiphasic or not. xx
20 Nov 2013 at 4:18PM
Hi Anon
I am sorry to hear your diagnosis, especially as you were happy being in limbo. I hope you are ok.
Could I ask what CIS is please? Sorry to be dense
PG xx

No comments:

Post a Comment