Wednesday 13 November 2013

Trigeminal Neuralgia - Angela's story

Benefit of upper cervical care – also known as atlas orthogonal chiropractic

Angela Griffith, TN Patient

Her Personal Story

I was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. It began in August 2006, about eight months after a routine dental visit. I suffered from intense jabbing, stabbing, and hot burning of the right side of the face below my right eye, my right chin and the angle of the jaw. My doctor prescribed Neurontin 3,000 mg. per day in addition to Percocet. I also took Tylenol and ibuprofin. Even with these medications, the pain was about a 10 on a scale of 1-10. I had to quit working because of the constant pain. Later, I underwent a series of 5 nerve block injections to manage the pain. I felt relief and thought that my pain was over permanently. However, within a few days, the pain returned to its original intensity.
By this time, I was depressed, I was only 24 years old, but living day and night with pain this intense was unbearable. And living the rest of my life taking handfuls of pain pills just to take the edge off of the pain was really no life at all. My aunt spoke with an acclaimed medical doctor in New York, about my condition. That doctor recommended that I have an upper cervical examination. I had tried regular chiropractic before, but the doctor called me personally to explain the atlas orthogonal procedure. He said that if my atlas was misaligned, it could be causing a torquing of my trigeminal nerve and causing the intense pain. Because of this New York medical doctors concern over my situation, and his explanation of how critical the atlas is to ones health, I made an appointment.
After a thorough upper cervical exam, the doctor showed me that I had a severe atlas misalignment that was causing my facial pain. After the first treatment, I began to feel a cooling sensation on the right side of my face, and an immediate decrease in the pain level. This began to give me something that I had lost hope! Between treatments, often the pain would return. However, each time I was adjusted, the pain would relinquish its hold on me. After about a month of treatment, the pain was not returning with anywhere near the intensity or frequency that it originally had. I felt an 80% improvement in my pain! I am still under care, but when I am in adjustment, I am pain free, and I don t need to be adjusted as often. I no longer need to take pain medicine. I now feel that I have a great life ahead of me, and I ve recommended so many others already.
(This is the testimonial that is posted at my doctors office and I would like as many people who have trigeminal neuralgia as possible to read this. It can chage their lives.)
Updated 9-20-0

No comments:

Post a Comment