Wednesday 22 June 2016

P2

  1. Agreed, and it is a shame that dandelion is usually being considered an annoying shrub. But at least in some countries you can get a dandelion salad, I made one once myself and it was yummy..
  2. Annesse said:
    So true guys. I read that the lowly dandelion leaf has nearly every vitamin and mineral known to man. But in perfect proportion. For instance, if you go to the doctor and get a prescription for a diurectic, he will also need to give you one for potassium, since you will lose potassium.
    The dandelion is also a diuretic. Nature knows this, so it has put 4 times as much potassium in a dandelion plant as in a comparable green plant that is not a diuretic. My motto is NATURE HAD IT FIRST.
    Click to expand...
  3.  
  4. #21
  5. Sallysblooms

    SallysbloomsP.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

    Messages:
    1,767
    Likes:
    338
    Southern USA
    You know what the FDA did with Fish oil... They made a prescription out of it. They only want money, they don't care if things are safe for us. It is amazing what they get away with! Thankfully, we can still buy it over the counter. We all have to pay attention to what the FDA and pharm. companies are doing. VERY scary.
     
    peggy-sue and L'engle like this.
  6. Dufresne

    Dufresnealmost there...

    Messages:
    784
    Likes:
    904
    Montreal
    Rickets, scurvy, beriberi... etc.
     
    peggy-sue, Wonko and Sallysblooms like this.
  7. Sallysblooms

    SallysbloomsP.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

    Messages:
    1,767
    Likes:
    338
    Southern USA
    With Neuropathy, meds. can't help. But Benfotiamine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, b12, antioxidents helps and can get rid of it.
     
    L'engle likes this.
  8. Wonko

    WonkoSenior Member

    Messages:
    627
    Likes:
    108
    England
    Dufresne said:
    Rickets, scurvy, beriberi... etc.
    Click to expand...
    Just what I would have said if I had a brain functional enough to think of it.....:D
     
    peggy-sue likes this.
  9. Dreambirdie

    Dreambirdiework in progress

    Messages:
    5,321
    Likes:
    3,935
    N. California
    I heard CFS can be cured by standing on your head and gargling with tomato juice. But you have to be facing south.

    hahaha!
     
    Tito, Sparrowhawk, peggy-sue and 2 others like this.
  10. alex3619

    alex3619Senior Member

    Messages:
    10,607
    Likes:
    23,729
    Logan, Queensland, Australia
    hi Dreambirdie, darn, I made two mistakes then. I used tomato sauce, and I was facing north! I will have to try again, obviously. Bye, Alex ;)
     
    peggy-sue and L'engle like this.
  11. Annesse

    AnnesseSenior Member

    Messages:
    164
    Likes:
    20
    Right, rickets, scury, beri-beri. The prototype of dysautonomia (autonomic nervous system dysfunction) is beri-beri. Beri-beri is lack of B1, but you can't absorb B1 if you lack B12. Dysautonomia is a main feature of CFS. Makes sense that it could be rectified through diet.
     
  12. heapsreal

    heapsrealiherb 10% discount code OPA989,

    Messages:
    8,570
    Likes:
    7,294
    australia (brisbane)
    off the top of my head, nac is used for paracetamol/tylenol overdoses in hospitals, b12 for cyanide poisoning, prescription calcium for osteoporosis, niacin for cholesterol, lipoic acid diabetic neuropathy, im sure there are alot more. As for cfs i think alternative medicine can help try to keep us as a healthy as we can, i hope so anyway.
     
    Sallysblooms likes this.
  13. Dufresne

    Dufresnealmost there...

    Messages:
    784
    Likes:
    904
    Montreal
    I think one would be hard-pressed to find something more effective for ankylosing spondylitis than a sugar/carb-free diet or Lei Gong Teng. The dietary restriction is effective as it starves the dysbiosic bacteria at the heart of the illness; the TCM herb works through immunomodulation. Unfortunately neither is likely to be prescribed by a western rheumatologist. Not because of a lack of efficacy but because they're based on unwelcome concepts.

    I wonder if Lei Gong Teng might be considered for ME/CFS. It's used for rheumatioid arthritis, and other autoimmune illnesses. The same illnesses possibly treated with methotrexate or rituximab.

    Also worth pointing out are the substances that have helped my ME/CFS the most: wormwood/artemisinin and magnesium. I don't think pharma has offered up anything better for the oxidative stress or excitotoxicity involved in this illness, nothing that can be taken for the long haul anyway. I believe the integrative approach offered by medical heretics like Cheney and DeMeirleir speaks to the usefulness of the entire spectrum of medicine for a condition such as ours.
     
  14. heapsreal

    heapsrealiherb 10% discount code OPA989,

    Messages:
    8,570
    Likes:
    7,294
    australia (brisbane)
    even traditional medicine doesnt have many cures, mostly symptom management or treatment needs to be ongoing to remain 'cured'. I think of alternative as more preventative and traditional medicine for when something actually breaks down, although its not cut and dry??
     
  15. svetoslav80

    svetoslav80Senior Member

    Messages:
    542
    Likes:
    226
    Bulgaria
    Annesse said:
    I have seen full recovery from MS, lupus, fibromyalgia, CFS and RA. All with just diet.
    Click to expand...
    That is impressive! Since there are almost 5000 people with CFS and/or fibro here, can you give us the recipe so we can heal ourselves?
     
    Tito likes this.
  16. Annesse

    AnnesseSenior Member

    Messages:
    164
    Likes:
    20
    Hi Svetoslav80, I have been posting under Symptoms. The thread is, "The difference between MS and ME." I would be very interested to hear what you think. A moderator said that the thread had gone off topic so I stopped posting though.
     
  17. Jenny

    JennySenior Member

    Messages:
    1,290
    Likes:
    335
    London
    It would be helpful if you could tell us what your recommendations are for improving the digestion of proteins and the other problems you mentioned on that thread, Annesse.

    Jenny
     
  18. Sallysblooms

    SallysbloomsP.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

    Messages:
    1,767
    Likes:
    338
    Southern USA
    Alpha Lipooic Acid for mushroom poisoning, helping the liver and now most people survive if treated.
     
    L'engle likes this.
  19. Annesse

    AnnesseSenior Member

    Messages:
    164
    Likes:
    20
    Hi Jenny, I would like to continue the thread. We aren't ready to get into the healing part yet. It would not make a lick of sense unless you understood the entire disease process. I am new here and unsure of what the intentions of the moderator were when she made the comment. My book (and I) are being banned on many of the forums. On the Daily Strength message boards for instance, anyone who wanted to talk about the book had to leave the main forum and start a group of their own. If you even mention my book in many of their different disease categories, the post will be removed and the person who posted it possibly banned. You can talk about and recommend any other book, just not mine. I have also been paid a visit by a person that works for the federal government and told I would not be allowed to continue distributing my book. I asked her how they would stop me and she replied, " They can do anything they want to." I am here because I know this site is not being "controlled". The moderators comment sounded like a warning to me. I chose to stop rather than have all of the information removed entirely. Unless I hear from a moderator that it is O.K. to continue, I think for your sakes and mine, it is best to stop.
     
  20. Dreambirdie

    Dreambirdiework in progress

    Messages:
    5,321
    Likes:
    3,935
    N. California
    Sallysblooms said:
    Alpha Lipooic Acid for mushroom poisoning, helping the liver and now most people survive if treated.
    Click to expand...
    Actually it's silymarin (milk thistle extract) that is proven to be effective for deathcap mushroom (amanita phalloides) poisoning. The ALA is considered controversial and doesn't have the proven efficacy that silymarin has.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11520257
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_thistle
    http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...ientName=Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID)
     
    peggy-sue and L'engle like this.
  21. Sallysblooms

    SallysbloomsP.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

    Messages:
    1,767
    Likes:
    338
    Southern USA
    I have read a lot about it in my books. One book by Lester Packer talks about Lipoic Acid with Amanita mushrooms. The mushroom does several things including lowering the level of Glutathione to dangerously low levels. Lipoic Acid can help with the major cause of liver transplants also. There is a lot about all of this online as well. It works for liver problems of all sorts, like hepatitis C.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9607614
     
    L'engle likes this.
  22. Dreambirdie

    Dreambirdiework in progress

    Messages:
    5,321
    Likes:
    3,935
    N. California
    N-A-C is also used (as an IV in hospitals) to prevent liver damage in patients who have taken too much Tylenol... and btw from what I have read "Acetaminophen is the leading cause of acute liver failure in the United States."

    http://ccjm.org/content/77/1/19.full
     
  23. Jenny

    JennySenior Member

    Messages:
    1,290
    Likes:
    335
    London
    Annesse said:
    Hi Jenny, I would like to continue the thread. We aren't ready to get into the healing part yet. It would not make a lick of sense unless you understood the entire disease process. I am new here and unsure of what the intentions of the moderator were when she made the comment. My book (and I) are being banned on many of the forums. On the Daily Strength message boards for instance, anyone who wanted to talk about the book had to leave the main forum and start a group of their own. If you even mention my book in many of their different disease categories, the post will be removed and the person who posted it possibly banned. You can talk about and recommend any other book, just not mine. I have also been paid a visit by a person that works for the federal government and told I would not be allowed to continue distributing my book. I asked her how they would stop me and she replied, " They can do anything they want to." I am here because I know this site is not being "controlled". The moderators comment sounded like a warning to me. I chose to stop rather than have all of the information removed entirely. Unless I hear from a moderator that it is O.K. to continue, I think for your sakes and mine, it is best to stop.
    Click to expand...
    As I see it, all the moderator was saying was that the ME vs MS thread had gone a bit off topic. Why don't you just start a new thread?

    Do you have any papers published in academic journals that set out your theories and hypotheses?

    Jenny
     

No comments:

Post a Comment