Wednesday 20 August 2014

Body heat changes (todays subject)

does anyone else suffer with weather changes?
Author
Post
Char
25 May 2014 at 2:39PM
Hi my names Char and I'm 23,
i haven't yet been diagnosed im seeing my neurologist in 7 weeks its my first appt.
I have a lot of symptoms tbh I'm not sure if its ms, but it is a possibility, i suffer with a lot of neuropathic pain though, and this gets much worse in the cold or when its very hot out, does anyone else suffer with this?
i also struggle to control my body temperature, i will be very warm and then suddenly freezing when I'm cold the pain is horrific it feels like my skin is shrinking and tightening up, does anyone struggle with this also?
cant wait to see the neurologist so i can finally get treatment , hope all are as well as can be
love for your advice and help as always
Char x
Anitra
25 May 2014 at 6:19PM
Hi Char,
Although problems with heat are more classically associated with MS, I find my pain and cramps are always worse when it's cold, and especially when it's cold AND wet.  It's been bucketing here the last couple of days, and I've been cramping up at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, instead of late at night, and taking a lot more painkillers - although I'm not on anything for neuropathic pain - it's all cramp and musculo-skeletal.
Tina
x
LittleSparrow
26 May 2014 at 11:44AM
Hi,
I'm also undiagnosed.
I know I suffer in the heat a lot, I get more achey, exhausted and spasms get worse, all I want to do is sleep.
I also struggle to maintain body temperature, particularly at night I'll wake up one minute very hot and sweaty (gross I know) the next I'm freezing, I get it also in the day, I can be sat in the sun but be very cold to the point of shivering and it hurts to move. I find hot water bottles help with that.
I just thought I'd post you're not alone,
Take care, and I hope you get what you need from your neuro appointment.
gabby mummy
26 May 2014 at 11:12PM
Hi i suffer from heat i get pyralzed in the night 4-5 times more when its hot at night i keep the window open my husband likes to be warm so he's cold ;-( i also find the cold affects me i cant stop shaking ;-(

No comments:

Post a Comment