Monday 15 September 2014

This is exactly why it is dangerous to be on MSS message boards, as the last person she needs to see is a Dr.as she needs to see a Chiropractor

#1
Fybro or MS
Every so often I go to the surgery with a little piece of paper in my hand with the symptoms I have and want to ask if MS, everytime I come away not discussing it, I feel such a hypochondriac, I have Fibromyalgia, diagnosed 4 years ago. I am 52 now, ha many symptoms for years earlier, the reason I think I may have MS came because I googled deveral symptoms I was experiencing that I did not think were Fibro, such as grunting loudly in my sleep, massive body jumps, being unable to empty my bladder fully, weeing more at night, the most weird shudders from my neck down my ribs and back a bit like wearing an electrifed shrug,such intensity of spaspms, short lived and have expereinced several times,painful feet and ankles, trigger finger, stiff arms and hands at night...difficulty swallowing, not huge just now and then, sometimes hiccups when trying to drink, etc etc, nothing like bladder dysfuntion or bowels, which is what stops me mentioning my concerns as mine are all little bitty problems, all the other bits are fibro. I have had knee surgery 3 times and arthritis.I am really hoping some one comes back to me as I can not talk to anyone as I feel I am burdening them enough with Fibro, just thought also have no interest in sex, dryness and can no longer reach orgasm, why keep anything back !I do feel alone and just wondered what anyone thought., apologies can't do paragraphs etc as dog walked on lap top not all the buttons work !Alison
Topics For MS professionals
Hi Alison
You should go and speak to your GP, don't worry about what you think they'll think about you, they probably won't be thinking anything negative.  I felt the same as you, I always thought the doctors would blame being overweight for anything I went to them with so didn't mention anything for such a long time.   My advice would be don't go to the GP with a long list of things, take 2 or 3 things which are causing you the most problem and see if they ask you to expand on any other symptoms.  I went with a numb patch on my face and leg, trigeminal neuralgia which they already knew about and I also mentioned my bladder problems which I had also seen another doctor with previously.  That was enough to get the referral, I literally could have given him about 20 other symptoms but didn't want him to think I'd been over analysing everything and googling stuff either.

Good luck, take the plunge and I'm sure it will be fine.
Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment