Monday 8 September 2014

Candida and morning sickness-B6- H-pylori Recovery

Scientific Proof Celiac Is Curable
Posted on: October 8, 2009
In 2005 or so I was diagnosed by stool test as positive for gluten intolerance, or Celiac. The symptoms I had at the time were feelings of early fullness when eating and constipation, as well as anxiety and overall poor health. I went on a gluten free diet which improved my symptoms almost immediately. Was on this strict gluten free diet for 3 years until I came across an alternative energy-based treatment for allergies called NAET. (naet.com.) I’ve talked about NAET in a previous post.  After several treatments for a wide array of allergens I was re-tested by muscle testing and found to be free of the gluten intolerance. Not scientific proof per say, but I started eating gluten again and was free of the symptoms I had in the past.
I’ve been eating gluten for a few years again now and just recently had an endoscopy for some other stomach problems I’ve been having. They took a biopsy (tissue sample) and tested for Celiac and H.pylori. They both came back NEGATIVE.  So to recap, in 2005 a stool test showed positive for Celiac and in 2009, just this past month, I had a biopsy that was negative for Celiac. Proving that Celiac is NOT an incurable disease, but a curable one!
(It is possible, I believe, to be cured by treatment with NAET or BioSET, but it could also be that going off gluten for 3 years allowed my gut to heal. So, going off gluten for a time may be all one needs and not necessarily to be off gluten forever. )

Since my re-testing of H.pylori and Candida coming back as negative for both, I’ve still been having some stomach problems. The nausea has gone way down, but when I have it it seems to relate to hypgoglycemia or low blood sugar. And it occurs in the morning still (but not as bad as before) and usually only if I haven’t had enough sleep. Still not sleeping a full nights’ sleep. I attribute this to
A) I believe I have Adrenal Fatigue. Adrenal Fatigue causes fluctuations in blood sugar, hypoglycemia, and the inability to sleep well. I believe my cortisol levels are reversed, but am getting testing to confirm this.
B) I’ve been tapering off anti-anxiety med and I think I may be suffering the withdrawal symptom of rebound insomnia. Plus, who knows what else that the medicine can cause.
C) My recent endoscopy showed I have a small Hiatal Hernia which can cause nausea, acid reflux, and therefore poor sleep. Gastritis also showed up on the test, though the doctor said it was “inactive”.  The biopsy (tissue sample) tested negative for H.pylori and negative for Celiac so here’s yet another confirmation of that.
Anyway, so I attribute my current symptoms (hypoglycemia, slight nausea, inability to sleep, anxiety, fatigue during the day) to be caused by the Hiatal Hernia and the Adrenal Fatigue. By the way, I read that Hiatal Hernia and Adrenal Fatigue usually go hand in hand. The H.pylori and Candida problem is taken care of and now I have to focus on getting my adrenals, pituitary and this hiatal hernia corrected. It’s like I keep uncovering more layers to discover something else…but I think I’m gettting to the bottom of it.
My chiropractor is working with me to correct the Hiatal Hernia with manual stimulation. Of course, most medical doctors and gastro docs don’t know that chiropractors can do this. Their recommendations are purely for symptom reduction. And their only real solution is surgery though that’s very risky and not necessary in my case.
So here’s a tip for you pregnant ladies out there: My brother- in- law told me the thing that helped his wife when she had morning sickness when she was pregnant was the vitamin B-6. Once she started taking it the nausea went away. But it has to be B-6 by itself, not B complex. You can take a B complex but you need to take additional B-6. So I started using it and it has seemed to greatly reduce the symptom. B-6 helps with sugar metabolism which is interesting. I strongly felt that the nausea related to low blood sugar/hypoglycemia.

Here’s what I took for H. pylori. All Natural. These are the product brands and names along with the dosages my doctor had me take. The doctor who recommended this regimen to me was a chiropractor who specialized in “functional medicine,” nutrition, etc.  If you found a good chiropractor who also worked with nutrition, they may just carry these products. Call and find out. Well, first ask if they have experience treating people with H. pylori. *This is not meant to be a recommended dosage for your own condition and you should seek the advice of your doctor. *Note: Apex Energetics products are intended to be used by those who are under the care and supervision of a licensed health care professional.
Apex Energetics H-PLR (K-32) (the antibiotic) 1-2 capsules 3X day with meals, start with one work up to two
(couldn’t locate this product on the Apex Energetics website for some reason.)
Apex Energetics Gastro- ULC (contains Mastic Gum known for killing h. pylori, other herbs; this is supposed to help heal the gut) 2  3 X day with each meal
Biotics Research Corporation BioDoph-7 Plus (probiotic, to re-populate good bacteria) 2 capsules 3X day between meals
Apex Energetics TerrainZyme HCL Prozyme (Hydrochloric acid and digestive enzyme) 1-2 with each meal
In addition, after I took these products and finished the bottles, I was still having symptoms so I started taking Colloidal Silver per the recommendations of another chiropractor. I took a 10ppm colloidal silver, 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) 2X day for 16 days.  This doctor told me he uses the Apex Energetics line too, but had better and faster results with the silver for H. pylori. Either way, I had already taken the Apex Energetics and feel like they must have helped. The silver I took was made from a local person. Just make sure and get one that’s in an amber glass bottle. And if you purchase a 500ppm or higher, obviously you would probably not take as much.
So, like I said: I re-tested for h.pylori with the urea breath test after having used these products. (I waited at least a month) and the result was NEGATIVE. Proving that natural supplements can eradicate H. pylori.

June ’09 was diagnosed by Metametrix DNA stool test that I was POSITIVE for high amounts of H. pylori. That was the bullseye. My answer. Showed NEGATIVE for candida. That was actually a relief and that meant that my efforts to follow an anti-candida diet for about a year (diagnosed by blood test positive for candida in Aug ’08) paid off afterall.
Re-tested (after about a month or so of natural antibiotic treatment) for H. pylori using the Urea Breath Test in Aug ’09 and it came back NEGATIVE. Praise the Lord! The natural antibiotics worked and I don’t have to take those nasty pharamaceuticals…Take that, Prevpac!!! Re-tested (while I was there, figured why not) with the same blood test that showed positive for Candida in Aug 2008, and it came back NEGATIVE for candida. So now I had a second confirmation that I am negative for systemic candida, by both stool and blood test. Praise the Lord! Take that, Nystatin and Diflucan!
*As far as re-testing goes, you need to wait at least 4 weeks after you’ve taken your antibiotics (natural or otherwise) to re-test so you don’t get a false positive while the bug is still being cleansed out of your system.
The Metametrix GI effects test that showed the h. pylori back in June ’09 was ordered by my chiropractor because we wanted a full view of any kind of bacteria, parasite, candida that might show up. However, because they are like the only company that does this test, I had to wait a very long 3 weeks to get my results back. Whereas a simple stool test from your average doctor or even the urea breath test would have yielded faster results. But if you want to check for a variety of microbes, the Metametrix is good for that, according to my doctor. I used the urea breath test to re-test because I only needed to find out about h. pylori and that’s all the urea breath test checks for. Do not re-test by blood because according to one of my D.O.’s  you’ll always have an antibody come up for it once you’ve had it.


After over a year of chronic nausea (and other hellish symptoms) I finally have my diagnosis. It’s scientifically proven by DNA testing. H. Pylori bacterial infection, amount: high. This would explain my symptoms, even the anxiety and depression to an extent. Of course, with anything in the body there is most always an emotional component and there most certainly is with me. But, thanks be to God for an answer. It’s NOT all in my head. It’s NOT just anxiety. So there. (Will post more specifically on H. Pylori and what I’ve learned about it so far at a later time.)
But what now? So I’m on my round of treatment, natural antibiotics, meaning non-pharmaceutical because pharmaceuticals, well, are toxic and can cause more harm than good. However, at this stage, if I do not see much improvement, and I mean soon, I will go that route because as one doctor (out of many I’ve communicated with) has told me, “you don’t want to screw around with h.pylori.” And it’s true. I fear what it can become…(please God don’t let this get worse.)
Christ says, have no fear. I know that. But when fear has been the dominant emotion of your 25 years of life, it is very very hard to break that wall. But I believe in the God of Healing. I believe in the God of Healing. I repeat to myself. I say the Jesus prayer when I…remember to. Still not good enough.
I mostly wonder what God’s plan is for me. Why hasn’t he just taken my life already? For some reason he wants me alive still. What is the purpose of my life of suffering? Yes, God has been SO merciful to me in so many ways, but I can’t say in all honesty that I’ve ever been “healthy” or completely functional. If I am healed, when I am healed, will I go on to become some great doctor of sorts that helps other people who are suffering in the way that I have? Perhaps my purpose is to simply be me. (Oh, God, I hope not.) But it has to be a transformed me and hopefully, tragically, closer to Jesus Christ.

Here is a kind of chronological order of the symptoms I had as I had them, as I figure this will be the easiest way for you to see if your own situation relates to mine.
Beginning: Have had “tummy troubles” since I was a kid. Was fed a largely processed diet of easy quick foods like chicken nuggets, corn dogs, etc. And a lot of sugary foods: white flour, sugary breakfast cereals.
- Watched mom suffer panic attacks and also started having panic attacks myself.
- Mom and mom’s dad had stomach ulcers. And therefore, most likely, h. pylori. Probably inherited h. pylori from mom and candida overgrew from feeding on the sugary white-flour based diet as well as the anxiety.
-  Anxiety attacks got worse. Phobias got worse. Was on Paxil for 3 years until it had to continually be increased in dosage in order to work and I decided to get off it because I started developing bad night sweats and loss of feeling.
- In my late teens I developed a symptom where when I ate a single bite of food I would feel full like I couldn’t take another bite or it would make me sick.
- would be constipated for several days.
- Started taking cleansing products (Colonix brand) and starting having colon hydrotherapy. This only helped somewhat. (I recommend if you get go have a colonic done that you do it in conjunction with taking a colon cleansing product like Colonix or another product that helps move things along. Otherwise the colonic on it’s own may not do much.)
- Was finally diagnosed by stool test to be gluten intolerant.
- Went on a carefully watched, strict gluten free diet and was able to eat again. Symptoms improved almost right away.
- Started suffering other stomach problems. Was “diagnosed” by muscle testing to have some kind of bacterial infection.
- took a round of several bottles of homeopathic remedies. Saw no improvement. Went to another chiropractor-kinesiologist and was muscle tested and found to have a bacterial infection. Second person to say that. Took a product called Berbercap with Berberine and it seemed to improve my gut symptoms for a while. Was told to eliminate sugar from diet.
- started suspecting that I had candida from all the research I did. But never adhered to a strict anti-candida diet because it just seemed too difficult.
-After 3 years of going gluten-free, I came across a technique called NAET which claimed to treat food allergies. Started NAET and after several treatments was able to eat gluten again without the symptoms I had before. My overall immune system also improved. Stopped losing so much hair and smells didn’t bother me as much. Overall felt a positive difference. Was eating gluten again.
- Also started on a vegetarian diet for about a year. Which basically means a high-carb diet which candida feeds on. Heavy on Grains, Beans, Soy, Fruit, Veggies, and Cheese. All healthy foods in and of themselves, but still, high carb, lower protein and lower fat.
- Started having hypoglycemia and increased anxiety along with it. Started feeling like I had to eat every 2 or 3 hours or would feel ill.
- Started waking up in the night around 3am-5am every single night feeling hungry and hypoglycemic. Had to eat or couldn’t go back to sleep. Would eat oatmeal (carbs) as my middle of the night snack.
- The waking up in the night continued for over a year. To this day that has not stopped. Cannot sleep even on Clonazepam and other medicines that cause drowsiness.
- Started having nausea at night, this would start around 3pm sometimes, sometimes 5pm. And just get worse. Had bad anxiety attacks and nausea all night long.
- Went to the ER and was given Ativan and an antacid. Even though I never experienced acid stomach, only nausea. Started taking Ativan and quickly got addicted. Then had the worst anxiety attacks ever as Ativan isn’t meant to be on for multiple days in a row. You can wikipedia it. It has a very short half-life and can stop being effective after just 7 days. You basically start having withdrawals after being on it for just a short time. The bad anxiety was from the withdrawals. I was able to taper off it by starting on clonazepam which I’m still on. Clonazepam has a longer life. (But I still want to taper off it as soon as I’m ready.)
-Chronic nausea continued and I suffered a great deal over it. Finally was given a prescription called Promethazine (Phenergan) and it gave me much needed relief. Have been taking it almost every day since.
- Was diagnosed by blood test in Aug ’08 to have systemic candida. My suspicions were confirmed. (However, this same blood test showed negative for h.pylori antibodies.  Later learned that the blood test for h.pylori isn’t the most accurate way of testing it. Turned out I just didn’t have the antibodies…) Started following an anti-candida diet as closely as I could which included eating meat again, raising the amount of good fats, and good organic eggs, and veggies. (will post on anti-candida diet later). This helped and gave me some better days and nights for a while.
- Still had nausea off and on and still not able to sleep a full night.
- In June ’09 (almost a year later of having chronic nausea) by stool test (Metametrix DNA based) I was diagnosed as having a high amount of H.pylori. Bullseye. This explained the “morning sickness” a common symptom of h.pylori. The anti-candida diet alone was not going to take care of the h.pylori problem. Though I’m sure it was better than continuing the high carb (sugary) vegetarian diet which only fed candida and bacteria. And after a year of the anti-candida diet it didn’t make since that I was still so ill just from candida. The h.pylori was the ticker.
- Started a natural antibiotic regimen. Check my “What Worked” Post for that.

H. pylori is known to cause “morning sickness.” And of course candida can cause nausea too. Killing off organisms causes die-off which can also make you feel sick.
My brother- in- law told me the thing that helped his wife when she had morning sickness when she was pregnant was the vitamin B-6. Once she started taking it the nausea went away. But it has to be B-6 by itself, not B complex. You can take a B complex but you need to take additional B-6. So I started using it and it has seemed to help. B-6 helps with sugar metabolism which is interesting. I strongly felt that the nausea related to low blood sugar/hypoglycemia.
The number one thing that has helped me with nausea has been the prescription anti-nausea med, Promethazine (Phenergan). Wish I would have found it a long time ago! May be a drug but sometimes it’s absolutely needed. Bonus, it helps calm you down. It can knock you out actually, but I liked that side effect. * Not recommended for long-term use because this drug is also sometimes prescribed as an anti-psychotic and sleep aid, and like sleeping aids can become addictive and cause unwanted side effects including rebound insomnia, raised blood glucose, and more. Read the drug information on Promethazine before taking it.
Slippery Elm in powder form. It has to be the powder. Take a tablespoon or so mixed in a little tiny bit of hot water. It just be a paste-like consistency. Take this and it coats your throat and your entire digestive tract. Sometimes I have to take this before I can take anything else or eat anything else. In some countries they eat this as a food source so I don’t think it matters how much you consume. I’ve consumed lots and I don’t think it ever made me worse.
Eating organic eggs. Even if I had to plug my nose and eat them, I knew they’d always make me feel better. There is something about them that just works. It’s the combination of protein, fats, and nutrients. Sometimes just eating helps with die off. Sometimes white rice was all I could do, but at least it was something.
The Electrolyte drink: 8-16 oz purified water with 1/8 to 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt and juice of half lemon.
Taking 1000mg of vit C 3 times a day or more.
Clove tea. I used ground clove in powder and steeped it in tea filter bags. About 1/2 tsp in a tea bag or more. This also helped relax me for some reason.
Dry skin brushing. Get a natural bristle brush and brush in long slow strokes (not in circles) starting at your feet up your legs. Then up your arms from your hands. Then your buttocks and back. Over your shoulders and chest and towards your tummy. Do this morning and night before your shower is best.
Enemas. Get an enema bag and you can do coffee enemas or clove tea enemas or just clear water ones. I would do one every week.

Over the years I’ve tried the typical anti-candida diet, which is extremely strict and difficult depending on the particular diet.  There are a few out there with some variations. Here’s my opinion on the subject. However, don’t go just by what I say, go by how you feel and what your doctor advises. For me, I just did the best I could. When I felt too sick to eat certain things, I would cheat and eat white rice. Sometimes that’s all I could do. The best anti-candida diet I have found out there, and the most strict one I’ve seen, is by a lady named Bee Wilder. Her website is completely dedicated to candida and following her strict recommendations. For many, her diet has worked wonders. For me, I did the best I could and ultimately found relief once I realized that the problem was bigger than just candida and was diagnosed with h. pylori. PLEASE CHECK FOR H. PYLORI IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE CANDIDA. H. PYLORI NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED RIGHT AWAY. If you have candida, you just may have h. pylori too. I read somewhere that candida carries h. pylori, or vice versa, either way they go together a lot of the time. But according to my doctors, you can follow the diet as strict as you can but if you have h. pylori you need to be taking stuff to kill it. Same goes with Candida. You’ve got to be killing it off.  It’s up to you whether you want to believe that diet alone can cure your candida. For me, the supplements (listed in my post, “What worked”) and the diet were what worked for me.
The basic diet I followed including some recommendations from Bee’s website, Healing Naturally:
Higher protein (fatter meats better) including eating quite a lot of organic eggs
higher good fats including adding real butter to just about everything, extra virgin olive oil. I started taking olive oil by 1/2 to 1 tablespoon after meals (I’d just plug my nose and down it). Working up to 3 tablespoons a day. Make sure and take a good enzyme that includes lipase to digest fat.
low glycemic veggies like asparagus, greens, zucchini.
Bee’s electrolyte drink helped me immensely! It’s basically 8-16 oz purified water with 1/8 to 1/4 tsp good celtic sea salt and the juice of half a lemon. I drank this all the time and I’m sure it helped with the nausea.
I also ate rice when I felt the need to.
I cut out gluten about 99% but at times it couldn’t be avoided. This is my point about doing the best you can. And look, I’m negative for systemic candida now.
At times I even “cheated” with beans even though they are a high starch because I just couldn’t eat meat all the time. Sometimes I suffered for it other times, not. The thing that has ALWAYS made me feel better is eating organic eggs. Always ate them “soft” scrambled too, not overcooked to keep the nutrients. That’s just me. If you check out Bee’s website she has a whole lot of information (an overwhelming amount) about the goodness of eggs. She recommends raw eggs and in particular a “raw egg drink” recipe she has on her site. I tried it a few times and it was tasty, but never got over the raw egg thing enough to drink it consistently. Though it never made me feel sick. I did decrease the amounts of coconut oil and eggs in the drink.
A note on Coconut oil. Some people feel that coconut oil is a crucial part of the anti-candida diet. For me, I just couldn’t tolerate it much. Do what you can. Bee recommends working up to 5-6 tablespoons of coconut oil a day BEFORE going on any natural antifungal like oregano or garlic, but I never got even close to that and was able to eventually take the supplements in my “What Worked” post that included oregano, etc. If you’re going to try coconut oil, do a very small amount at a time at first and work up to more. Like 1/4 to 1/2 tsp with meals. Bee recommends this also.
I started taking the basic nutritional supplements listed on Bee’s website. Basically I added 1000 mg of vit C 3 times a day (I believe this helped a lot with the die-off) vit E, a good Cal/Mag supplement 2 times a day, A good B-complex 2 times a day, in addition to taking ginger for my tummy.  If you want to see a more detailed list of supplements check out her website.
I would personally recommend checking out her website. If you want to join her support group she may be able to help you. I was on her list for a long time and she always answered my questions. But, if you don’t follow her diet strictly she will get onto you for that. She has her reasons, and many are good. I do not personally agree with everything she advises. But she did help me some.
I definitely agree with her article on how to start curing candida in steps.
1. eliminate sugar from your diet
2. eliminate gluten and yeast
3. gradually add more higher fat meats and good fat to your diet
4. Stay on the diet until you feel at least a little better, one or two months
5. Take the antifungals (like the ones in my “What Worked” post or a good oregano oil supplement. As far as oregano oil, Young Living Essential Oils is a very trustworthy brand and you get a lot for your money. However you have to buy the capsules and make them up yourself.) only once you’ve been on the diet for at least a while, like a month or two. The point is, if you take them too soon you may experience a worse die-off reaction than you would if you just let the diet work for a while first. This was definitely true for me. It was several months I was on the diet before I got the positive for h. pylori and starting taking those supplements which were for h. pylori but also worked to kill candida too.
A last note on probiotics. Some say that you are wasting your money to take them before you’ve used the antifungals. But, in my opinion, and my doctors, you might be better off taking them right away because it’s good to constantly be building up that good gut flora. The one I took is in my “What Worked” post.
I took Threelac a few times over the years and the first time I tried it I thought it made a big difference, but it didn’t totally cure me. Maybe if I had kept with it back then it would have eventually worked. Who knows. It’s worth trying. It never made me worse. Later I tried it again and never saw much of a difference. If you want to try it I know a lady who sells it cheaper than most and offers free shipping and a money-back guarantee. Contact me if you want her info.
Here is the first of a series of posts I’d like to do specifically on what I’ve been learning while going through a several-year long struggle with gastrointestinal, emotional, and other health issues. Specifically what has worked and not worked to get me where I am, which is beginning to see a change for the better. Hopefully this information will help someone else.
Let’s say you don’t have a primary care physician, or don’t like the one you do have and want to switch, but can’t get a personal recommendation from a friend or relative. If you have health insurance and find yourself looking for a doctor on say, your insurance website’s directory of physicians, the first thing I would do is
#1 Decide whether you want to go to an M.D. or a D.O. Both are physicians who have had the same amount of training and who can prescribe medication. The difference in an M.D. and a D.O. is that a D.O. can do everything an M.D. does but also has ADDITIONAL training in osteopathic manipulative medicine, a form of therapy that uses physical contact used to improve the impaired or altered function of the musculo-skeletal system. They can do adjustments similar to, but not exactly the same as, chiropractors. In my experience, D.O.s tend to have a more open mind when it comes to alternative forms of therapy, such as using natural supplements, homeopathy, or Muscle Response Testing. If you’re going to pay a copay to a doctor, you may as well go to the one with the most training and wider knowledge. That would be the D.O.
#2 google that person’s name and see if they have a website and/or any google or other consumer reviews. If a doctor doesn’t have a website, this could be a bad or a good sign. On one hand, most doctors with expensive looking websites may be more expensive and may not even accept insurance anymore, but only private pay, because they can make more money that way. You have to call and confirm that they still accept your insurance. Generally it is good to have a website for something to go by; hopefully their site gives information on what sort of services they provide and what sort of conditions they have experience and success in treating, their philosophy, etc. Not to mention you can see what they look like if they have a pic up, and in my experience younger doctors are usually more up-to-date and open-minded when it comes to more alternative forms of treatment. Though, this is not always the case and my current D.O. is an older man and he’s great. He also doesn’t have a website.
#3 If you can’t locate a website, call the doctor up and notice whether a kind and friendly voice answers and is willing to answer your questions, or whether a more stern and careless voice answers, sounds hurried, and asks if you will hold. If the latter, this may be a red flag. For one, they are clearly a super busy office and you may have a harder time getting in for appointments and longer wait times when you get there. Secondly, if they aren’t friendly and willing to answer your questions this may not be a good office to deal with. Or, the fact that they are busy may be a sign that this is a good doctor in high demand. Still, the voice should be nice.
#4 When you get the friendly voice on the phone willing to answer questions, here are the questions you need to ask. Cater these to your needs, but the first few are pretty crucial. The front desk person may not have all the answers to these questions, but still ask and hopefully they will be willing to get the answers and call you back.
A) Does Dr._____ have a website?
B) Is this a very large or small office?
C) Does Dr. _____ treat systemic candida? (Will explain this in a sec)
D) Does Dr. ______ treat allergies?
E) Does Dr. ______ treat H. pylori?
F) Does Dr._______ use any natural treatments like homeopathy?
G) Does Dr._______ use Muscle Testing? (a doctor who uses this can often find answers or indications when you’ve had trouble finding answers any other way)
H) Does Dr. ______ have success with treating (whatever your condition is-if you know it)?
I) Does Dr. _______ do pelvic exams in the office or would you have to be referred to someone else? (if you are a woman)
J) Does Dr. _______ use osteopathy with most patients? (ask this because I went to one D.O. who never even examined me “osteopathically”.)
The reason you want to find out if this doctor treats systemic candida or h.pylori is that if this doctor doesn’t really know much about these conditions, chances are they are missing one of these diagnosis’ in a lot of cases. So many people have candida or h.pylori or both and don’t even know it. Also, more natural and alternative doctors know more about candida than do most traditional western physicians. It’s just better if they know about it because candida can cause so many other conditions, especially if you’re suffering with any kind of gastrointestinal issues. The same goes for H.pylori.
Hopefully you’ll be able to get most of these questions answered without being brushed off.
#5 If you can, try to find more than one D.O. or M.D. to visit so that you can choose who you want to start seeing after getting more than one perspective. See two or three and find out which one is more attentive, the better listener, the one who asks you the most questions, and go to that one. Choose the doctor with a balance of both traditional medicine and natural/alternative medicine techniques.
Good Luck. If you need a recommendation for a practitioner (D.O., D.O.C., D.O.M, Neurologist, etc.)in the Austin area, let me know. I may have one.
This is more simple than finding a good physician. (See previous post) First of all, a licensed therapist is someone who can provide ongoing “talk” therapy. Most licensed therapists are not also M.D.s, meaning they can’t prescribe medications for “mood” or “mental” disorders. If you need a Psychiatrist, an M.D., for medication management, than see my previous post. Personally, I don’t go to my Psychiatrist anymore because all they did was prescribe my anti-anxiety medication. That’s all they could do. Well, guess what, a D.O. or any other M.D. can do the same thing. If you actually need emotional treatment other that just medication, you need to find a good licensed therapist.
However, there are other more alternative forms of emotional therapies out there that have worked for me, and aren’t performed by licensed therapists and I’ll list those at the end of this post.
After you’ve done a search for licensed therapists in your area, or located them on your insurance’s website, check them out online. See if they have reviews or a website. If they have a website, you can usually find out all you need to know about them (without meeting them in person) there.
If no website, or even if they do have a website, call or email them and ask:
#1 Do you have a lot of success treating (whatever your emotional issue is)?
#2 Do you do EMDR? If so, do you use the eye-movement, tapping, or binaural beats? (Hopefully they will answer that they use any and all of them, depending on the client)
#3 Are you familiar with EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and do you use it?
#4 Do you use hypnotherapy?
#5 How many years have you been in practice? (In this case, as long as they know the above forms of therapy, the more years the better.)
Most therapists use cognitive behavior therapy and other traditional forms of therapy, but nowadays a lot of therapists have training in the above forms of therapy too. Find someone who does. EMDR especially.
You should be able to speak personally on the phone with the therapist to get these questions answered, and they should have a kind and willing manner. You should like their voice.
Try to schedule a visit with more than one therapist so you can decide who you’d like to start seeing after meeting with each of them and getting a feel for their personality and their approach, to see who is a good match for you.
Other non-licensed practitioners who do emotional work are:
lay hypnotists (one organization is the IMDHA)
Bodytalk practitioners (Bodytalk Systems)
EFT practitioners (emofree.com )
I have found relief with Bodytalk and with self-hypnosis. Though many people swear by EFT. My therapist has had success with clients using EFT, but we’ve not tried it together yet. I haven’t had much success with EFT on my own for my particular issues. At this time EMDR has given me the most resolution and the licensed therapist I go to does EMDR, hypnotherapy, EFT, and cognitive therapy.
Good luck.
Gonna just make this as brief as possible. Visit the respective websites for more info. NAET is an energy-based technique which treats, yes, even cures, food allergies or food intolerances. Check out their website for more info and to locate a practitioner. I have gone through the first basic 15 treatments and you might have to too. Say Goodbye To Illness is a must read on the whole technique and treatments, etc. written by the lady who developed the technique, Dr. Devi S. Nambudripad. Contact me if you have any questions since I’ve been through it. The treatments involve avoiding the allergen for 25 hours. This was very hard for me at times. Especially when you’re treating an intolerance to iron for example. Airborne allergies are even harder and sometimes unavoidable. Check out another technique called BioSET which came after NAET but was modified so you don’t have to do the avoidances. If I were you, I’d try to find someone who does BioSET and do that instead because it’s easier if you don’t have to do the avoidance, and if it’s impossible to avoid it, with NAET the treatment might not last, but with BioSET it would. I went through  15 or so treatments with NAET and it helped my overall health. Very glad I did it. Then I found BioSET and finally was able to be treated for mold successfully. Couldn’t treat mold successfully with NAET because I can’t avoid it; it’s all around here in moist central Texas. The book on BioSET is called The Food Allergy Cure by Dr. Ellen Cutler. Now, you can either go to someone who is trained in these techniques and after so many treatments your practitioner can show you how to self-treat at home or you can check out a third website: Allergy Antidotes for all the above information from each of those techniques and more. With Allergy Antidotes you can learn to self treat. If you want to buy vial kits you can on the Allergy Antidotes website or for individual vials at a cheaper price check out Ergopathics.
Sorry to confuse you with so many different techniques. I recommend going to a trained practicioner before doing it on your own. There is a yahoo group called Allergy & Illness Free. If you join it you can get all your questions answered plus tips and stuff while you go through the treatments.
It worked to cure me of my gluten intolerance and many other intolerances, so try it! It might work for you!
For years I’ve been looking for a “cure” for motion sensitivity. It seems to me that when you do a google search the only things that come up are common sense recommendations to avoid the situations that cause the motion sensitivity, sit in the front seat of the car and keep your eye on the horizon, or take Dramamine, ginger caps, press on those acupuncture points on the wrist. Yeah, these things may help, but I’ve wondered: Isn’t this a problem that can be corrected? Is there a solution out there?
And, apparantly, there is! So far, I have not been “cured” because I haven’t been focusing on this aspect of my health, nor do I have the money to be seeing the doctor that can help me with this problem on a consistent basis. But, once I’m able to, I will let you all know once I’m cured.
First off, let me preface this by saying that I’ve read that hypoglycemia can make motion sensitivity worse, which is interesting. It’s like it all goes back to sugar. (Like with candida, bacteria, etc.) An imbalance of blood sugar. (Low blood sugar which is usually caused by too much sugar in the diet which causes extreme blood sugar spikes.) Though I don’t think balancing blood sugar will solve the whole issue.
My acupunturist who does NAET also has treated people with motion sensitivity and vertigo with NAET. So that’s something to look into too. He said that it’s usually caused by a mineral imbalance (caused by an intolerance/allergy to a mineral).
More to the point, I’ve been referred to a “Chiropractic Neurologist” by my regular chiropractor. Chiropractic Neurologists have specific training in neurological treatment techniques using motor exercises and adjustments that can be used to treat all sorts of neurological conditions, including motion sensitivity, vertigo, dizziness, Autism, MS, learning disabilities, stroke, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, and more. Check out Dr. David Clark’s website: Northlake Chiropractic & Wellness in Dallas, Texas for more information and videos on Chiropractic Neurology. There does seem to be a cure, or at least real help. To locate a Chiropractic Neurologist in your area check the American Chiropractic Neurology Board.
I’ve been to a Chiropractic Neurologist- not Dr. Clark- he’s out of my area, but I’ve seen a good one, but only once or twice. By motor testing I was found to have a weak left cerebellum and prescribed specific motor exercises to strengthen that part of my brain. So far I have not been consistent with this but as soon as I am and I go back to this doctor, I’ll post an update on any progress. I do believe in it. I do believe there is a future for me without motion sensitivity where I can hopefully do things like travel without fear of feeling ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment