Monday 8 September 2014

Candida and fertility

Fertility and Candida

by ams
I am 32 years old and I have 4 year old son. I have been suffering from secondary infertility. Over the past 4 years of trying to get pregnant...I found out I have a mild case of hypothyroidism-hasimoto's disease (which is an autoimmune disorder), I've developed eczema (which I never had before), I started having short luteal phases with low progesterone, I had laparscopic surgery for a mild case of endometriosis. And finally a month after my laparscopic surgery I got pregnant, but unfortunately I miscarried at 10 weeks.

And, since the miscarriage I've been trying to figure out what's going on with my body & I think I finally figured it out----Candida.

I believe that after I had my son my immune system was weak (I breastfed him for almost a year) and at that time I wasn't taking the best care of myself (not taking vitamins, etc). I think that this is when the Candida started.
Within the past 2 years I have been taking vitamins, exercising regularly, eating good & I started using progesterone cream after ovulation until my period came---but I have recently found out that progesterone cream is horrible for Candida because Candida feeds on progesterone.

My question is once I get rid of the Candida, will my fertility be restored? And is it safe to get pregnant after Candida? What supplements are good for me to take to balance my hormones?

Answer:

Yes, once you eliminate or better prevent Candida overgrow, you will increased your chances of getting pregnant. Candida can affect fertility by making your cervical mucus thick and hostile to sperm. Women who have Candida overgrow may have difficulty detecting egg white fertile cervical mucus, especially if they experience recurrent yeast infection. It is very much associated with low immunity, stress, diet and most importantly hormones. Hormonal changes during pregnancy and after childbirth can definitely cause Candida overgrow.

Also, if you don't treat Candidates before pregnancy, you will be at risk for having yeast recurrent infections during pregnancy, which are harder to treat and you can also pass it to your baby during childbirth.

The first action to take is to change your diet because you can literally starve Candida so that it will stop growing.

The best way to deal with Candida is to do a Candida detox . in association with these dietary changes. Both partners have to do this as there is the possibility of cross-contamination.

Avoid the following foods for 6 weeks and then limit their intake and frequency (one or twice a week only). Some people are sensitive and have a predisposition to Candida and may have to follow this diet two or three times a year, especially during the change of season fall and spring, when Candida has a tendency to thrive in moist warm weather.

A. MAKE SURE TO AVOID

1. Dairy products except for organic plain yogurt with good bacteria.

2. Sugar, honey, cakes and candies, sweeteners, sodas, and ice cream. Substitute with xylitol sugar or stevia.


3. Fruit juices. Only drink freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices.

4. Dried fruits.

5. Refined carbohydrates (white rice, white bread, white pasta).

6. Avoid alcohol, fermented foods and cheese.

7. Do not drink tap water, it contain many chemicals that contribute to lower your immune system. Chlorine and fluoride in water are especially detrimental to fertility. Fluoride affects the thyroid gland.

B. MAKE SURE TO EAT

1. Lots of fresh vegetables.

2. Fresh fruits twice a day only.

3. Whole grains like kamut , quinoa, millet, spelt.

4. Supplement with good probiotic.

5. take garlic capsules or eat lots of garlic, broccoli and immune boosting herbs oregano.

6. Only eat meat that have been raised organically without hormones and antibiotics.

7. Eat legumes like lentils and garbanzo beans once or twice a week.

8. Eat fresh wild caught fish like tilapia, salmon, sardines, and sole once or twice a week.

9. Drink lots of water that has been filtered.

10. If you have yeast infections apply yeast arrest suppositories.

BUT, there is more...

Candida also affects the lining of your uterus and could be linked to endometriosis. Candida overgrowth can in severe cases cause leaky gut syndrome, which leads Candida and other toxins to spread affecting the hormonal system. In most cases, the symptoms of hormonal imbalance like estrogen dominance are very similar to those of Candida infection. The theory out there is that once Candida spreads into the blood system it can interact with hormones and change their ability to function properly.

Also, Candida produces toxins that mimic estrogen, which further affects hormonal problems. In fact high estrogen levels are associated with increase vaginal yeast and Candida infection. It also seems like synthetic estrogens from hormone replacement therapy and birth control pill may feed Candida. And as you mentioned, even natural progesterone may increase Candida to spread.

This whole condition believed it or not has a very fancy name:

Autoimmune Polyendocrinopathy Immune-dysregulation Candidiasis Hypersensitivity syndrome (APICH).

Women with Candida overgrow are often found to have an immune dysfunction causing an increase in the production of prostaglandin E2, which cause stimulation of the endometrium and uterine contractions associated with endometriosis. So, Candida makes endometriosis worse.

Also, endometriosis is associated with poor immunity and hormonal imbalance like stimulation from estrogen, which also stimulate endometriosis growth and spreading.

In order to help decrease endometriosis before conception is definitely important to eliminate Candida and to support the endocrine system and immune system. Herbal remedies can help in this process.

I would recommend Women's Best Friend Herbal Remedy. This is a really amazing supplement that use females herbs to strengthen the immune system and support hormonal balance. To get best results in treating endometriosis, I would also recommend doing self fertility massage.

I hope this answers your question. If you have more questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Fertility Blessings!

Comments for Fertility and Candida

I don't want to take antibiotics
by: Jay

Hi. I just finished with 3 months of candida detox and I did a very strict diet for 3 months too.

Now I'm going to start with 3 months of fertility cleanse, but I went to a doctor for a routine exam and I had a urine culture, the results was that I have >100,000 cfu/ml Enterococcus species and doctor prescribed Ampicillin 500, 2 tablets a day for 5 days.

But I don't want to take it because I'm afraid to get candida again after 3 months of treatments. Can you please advice some natural treatment for this. I also did a vaginal culture and the results was a normal vaginal flora and the pap smear was normal.Dr ordered me Diflucan 150 mg 1 tablet once time and Monistat-7.

I don't know why, maybe because I told her about my candida.
Please,please I need your help.
Thanks.

Answer: Remedies To Prevent Candida

Hi Jay,

It is best to follow your doctor's advice when it comes to antibiotic treatment for enterococcus species.

To prevent more Candida growth make sure to supplement with high potency acidophilus and to use Yeast Arrest Suppositories. You may need to repeat the Canadida detox. These natural remedies helps really well to prevent return of candida after antibiotic use. If your vaginal culture was normal, then you should be fine.

Many Blessings!



Candidasis
by: Amaka

I went for a test and i found out that I have heavy growth of isolate Candida and I did not use to see my period for over six months but later I will see it and after that, I wil not see it again. Does that means that I will not be pregnant.

Answer:

Hi Amaka,

Before you get pregnant you need to treat Candida, by following a Candida detox, because you can pass this organism to your baby during birth and cause baby to have thrush.

Candida infections also cause you to have hostile cervical mucus which may be an obstacle to conception.

Having irregular periods is probably unrelated to Candida, this is something that needs to be investigated further by your doctor through testing.

Many natural remedies can help regulate the menstrual cycle, which contains vitex. You can learn more about Vitex and its benefits here.

Fertility Blessings!

candidais
by: jane

I went to doctor i found out i have moderate growthof staph areus and mixed isolated candidas. Can that affect my fertility?

Answer:

Hi Jane,

Candida can affect you cervical mucus and cause an environment hostile to sperm, thus reducing your ability to get pregnant. Having high candida count during pregnancy can increase your risck if yeast infection during pregnancy, which is hard to treat. Staph infections may require antibiotics, which should not be taken if you get pregnant. It would be better to clear any type of infection before trying to conceive.

Many blessings!

Moderate growth of candida albicans
by: Rose

I went for HVS test and the culture result reads moderate growth of candida albicans and the Dr prescribs Diflucan to be taken 3 tablets at once. whats your advice on the treating as am so eager to conceive. Thanks.

Answer:

Hi Rose,

Follow your doctor's advise, but consider waiting until the next month to conceive. Also, make sure to use a condom while making love until you are completely candida free because you can contaminate your partner and he can contaminate you back.

After you have completed your doctors treatment consider a more natural approach that will prevent you from having yeast again especially if you want to get pregnant. I would recommend the Candida Detox. This herbal product is excellent to helping your body rid itself of Candida, but you should not conceive while on this product as it contains herbs like Pau D' arco and Black Walnut that are contraindicated during pregnancy as they can be toxic.

Candida can be hard to eliminate, especially if you have a lowered immune system responsevdue to stress or allergies.

I would recommend taking borax 30 CH with Candida 30CH for at least 10 days after diflucan. These homeopathic remedies help support your immune system to fight the candida infection and help you prevent candida naturally. They can be repeated once a month if necessary, until you are completely candida free.

Homeopathic remedies are non- toxic and can be taken during conception a d pregnancy.


Also Yeast Arrest Suppositories are safe to take if you are trying to conceive or if you get pregnant.

Many Blessings!





Re: Candida Albrican
by: Rose

I had sex with my partner without cd on sunday 28th April 2013,though i took the Diflucan on 26th april and i have been feeling hotness in my stomach since that day and a little pain on my right lower abdomen. What Could be the reason please?

Answer:

Hi Rose,

It would be a good idea to talk to your doctor. Your symptoms can be due to many reasons. Your doctor will be able to visit your and be able to help you.

All the best!

Candida, Diflucan and Pregnancy
by: irina

Hi!
I took a pill diflucan for Candida infection.
Can I try to conceive next month. If I get pregnant next moth, are there any harmful effects on the baby by taking this drug.

Answer:

Hi Irina,

There are not known effects of diflucan on fertility, but higher dose can cause birth defects during pregnancy.

Doses less than 150 mg are considered safe. The best thing to do is to wait a month before trying to conceive. Make sure to supplement with acidophilus to prevent reoccurring of yeast.

If you can do a Candida detox, it would help you.

Both partners can do this to prevent cross infection.


Many Blessings!

Ref:question
by: Anthena

Hello,

I was told after a test that I have culture heavy growth of candida. I have taken nystatin capsules for two weeks as advised by my doctor. So I want to know if I have a chance of getting pregnant.


Best Regards,

Athena Richarf

Answer:

It is best not to TTC while taking any medication for Candida. Wait until the infection is cleared. Also preventing a relapse is also a good idea. Follow the Candida diet and do a candida detox before TTC to make sure the infection is completely cleared.

Many Blessings!

Can candida albicans cause my period to stop or can it make it difficult for me to conceive?
by: Juliet

I got married last year April and have been havin difficulty in conceivin even thou av been pregnant some years back.I started noticin some changes in my menstrual cycle,I started urinating a lot and also feelin hunger nd neuseous during PMS.But my period stopped on september nd I somtime spot after making love with my hubby.My period has still not com,so I went to see my doc nd he asked me to run some test i.e urine,blood test,ultra sound nd HVS.I came clean on all the test except for the HVS which showed that I have candida albicans.Could dis be why am havin difficuty gettin pregnant?can it also be the reason why my period suddenly stopped?Pls I need ur answers urgently.

Thanks

Answer:

Candida infection changes your pH and causes an hostile environment for the sperm to survive and live. This is how Candida infection affects fertility. It is important to treat both partners not just the woman as candida can be cross infected back and forth during intercourse.

Not having your periods has more to do with hormones and ovulation.

Third pregnancy
by: MollyAnonymous

Hi- thanks so much in advance. After my first two pregnancies I had a nasty outbreak of a candida rash around my mouth and chin- now I am pregnant again and will do anything to prevent this. I did a pretty serious candida cleanse after the first two pregnancies but the rash still took months to clear up.

Answer:

If you are pregnant and have Candida, see a homeopath, you will need to be monitored throughout your pregnancy. Only homeopathic remedies, which are highly diluted are safe to take during pregnancy. The most commonly used remedies are Candida 30Ch and Borax 30 CH, but your homeopath may find the best remedy for your situation. Pregnant woman are more at risk for Candida infections due to the change in hormones. The first trimester is the worst in most cases.

Make sure to take probiotics. You can place capsules of friendly bacteria (the ones you take orally) inside your vulva during a Candida outbreak (yogurt is also good, but messy). Continue during the last weeks of pregnancy to prevent passing the Candida infection to your baby during birth.

Do not take Pau D 'Arco tea or other herbs if you are pregnant.
Tea tree oil (3 drops) mixed with oil of olive (1 tbs) used to do perineal massage during the end of pregnancy, starting around 34 week. Ask your doctor if perineal massage is ok for you to do.


Also, watch your blood sugar levels and avoid sugar at all cost.

Staph and candida albicans
by: Peace

I did a HVS test and the culture result shows that I have mixed growth of staph and candida albicans. My doctor prescribed levofloxacin for me. Can this affect my fertility?

Answer:

It is always best not to TTC when taking prescription medication or creams for Candida.
Wait until the infection is over before TTC.
The medication will not affect your fertility.

Drugs for staph and candida
by: Adanna

Please i have been suffering for this moderate staph and candida for 5 years... I need curing drugs for it to clear completely.

Answer:

If you have been suffering for so long, you need to really take some time to look at the situation from a life style point of you beginning with your diet. Eliminate sugars and carbs from your diet for 6-8 week and do a Candida detox as soon as possible.

Recent studies in microbiology have shown how Candida albicans and Staphylococcus aureus form polymicrobial biofilms. These microorganisms seem to work together in an interaction, which adversely affects the health of the host and becoming more resistant to medications.

Acidophilus, friendly bacteria and probiotics are a good way to start. Also, Pau d 'Arco tea can really help. Homeopathic remedies like Yeast arrest suppositories and Candida 30CH can help support the body in the healing process.

Birth control pill can also be responsible for recurrent yeast infection, any lubricants or anything that changes the pH of the vaginal environment.


A natural approach may be the best choice because pathogens are not resistant to the herbs in many cases. Some naturopaths do test against possible resistance to give you the best and most effective herbal treatment.

Many Blessings!

Candidasis
by: Favor

Am 26 years old not yet married. I went for a test and I found that I have a heavy growth of isolated candida, my doctor perscribe me diflucan and other tablet and some tablet for insertion named canasten. I use to see my period either eariler before d time or late and I stop seeing my ovulation since last year febuary till today and I followed doctor instruction but all to knw avail. As of now am having heavy discharge with offensive odour, truely I don't kow what to do and is irritating me. Please, please I need help before it become too late.

Answer:

Did the doctor do a test for bacterial infection? I think that this could be necessary in this case.

If it is Candida and nothing else, you may want to follow a Candida diet with not sugar, no carbs at all. Other natural remedies can help as well.

Candida detox and Yeast Arrest suppositories.

Borax 30CH and Candida 30 CH homeopathic remedies can also help.

Pau d'Arco Tea is another good way to help eliminate Candida.

You can find Candida Detox and Yeast Arrest here.

The homeopathic remedies and the Pau d'Arco can be found at your local health food store.

Many Blessings!

Candida in Men
by: Ronny

After treatment for higher level of staphylococcus aureus and low sperm count(70% dead, 10% active and 20% non-active). In my Husband and he take antibiotics, Wellman Conception this make the sperm to increase to 50% active, 30% non-active and 20% dead but highly candida albicans. what is the way out please? Thanks

Answer:

Hi Ronny,

Taking antibiotics is often associated with high Candida growth. The best way to help is to supplement with friendly bacteria. This would be the first step. Next come diet. Eliminating all the foods like starches and sugars that fuel Candida growth.

Herbal remedies like Candidate can also be really helpful in helping prevent Candida overgrow.

Candida does impair male fertility and can make the sperm clump together and become less motile. It is a good idea to finish the antibiotics and support with acidophilus even after that treatment is over.

Afterword, cleansing can be a good option in preparation for conception. The male fertility cleanse is the best way to help rebalance male fertility after taking prescription drugs.

Many Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment