Tuesday 17 December 2013

this is interesting, a problem with cervical spine can affect the face

Irritating
Author
Post
arwen
16 Dec 2013 at 10:09PM
My left eye lid has twitched for about 8 weeks now and is really annoying. Anyone else get this and can anything stop it
Axx
Davidaofp
17 Dec 2013 at 1:01AM
Hi,
This is tough one to answer. Do you have MS or are you worried this is a sign? Is this the only symptom you have?
arwen
17 Dec 2013 at 8:10AM
No I'm in limbo. Not the only sign at present I also have tight band sensation to my leg/feels like packed in ice and extreme fatigue can't walk for long without getting exhausted. Have also had past symptoms of burning, tingling, getting words wrong, bladder problems. Abnormal neuro examination but clear mri results apparently.
Axx
Anonymous
17 Dec 2013 at 9:50AM
Hi Arwen,
hope you're holding up ok x
I remember from your previous posts your saying you were very frustrated because  you felt your physical exams were abnormal but your neuro said normal; (he had put brisk reflexes down to nerves etc and then on next one also he said it was fine, even though you felt one leg was stronger than the other)
It is difficult place to be in. My neuro also commented in his report that I had brisk reflexes, but that he thought it was because I was anxious when he did the exam.
But if MS could always by identified by physical exam alone, no-one would ever need an MRI. So dont get too down about neuro being a bit hesitant to classify physical exams as abnormal, because if I remember, you are having a second MRI soon? So hopefully that might help find some answers one way or the other?
Hang in there. xxx
Blossom
17 Dec 2013 at 9:58AM
Hello arwen.   I get the twitching eyelid and lip......hope that's a comfort that I'm a fellow twitcher lol thumbsup  I've no idea what one can do to stop it though, sorry  happyflower
venere
17 Dec 2013 at 10:15AM
hello
im a fellow twitcher to but it just stopped.
arwen
17 Dec 2013 at 11:27AM
Ha ha Blossom how nice to have a fellow twitcher. Just wish I could find something to stop it as it is irritating.
Thanks for your input anon (although not sure why anon) feeling more fed up that I can't walk for more than a short time now various other symptoms and no eexplanation and nope sadly don't have a repeat mri booked. Could have an lp if I want and vep but neuro registrar (never seen consultant) thinks its pointless.
Axx
arwen
17 Dec 2013 at 11:28AM
Thanks venere hopefully mine will too.
Ax
Gokr
17 Dec 2013 at 12:53PM
My L one twitches - It will go through periods of normal and then suddenly will twitch for like a week which is irritating.
Reemz
X
Boudica
17 Dec 2013 at 1:08PM
Hi, I remember reading that twitchy eyes can be an MS symptom.
In the days when it was thought I had PPMS, my neuro noticed a twitch in my lower left eye lid. He offered me botox, but I declined. Didnt fancy the possibility of  mis-matched eyes.
pollx
arwen
17 Dec 2013 at 2:43PM
So annoying isn't it Reemz.
Oooh botox sounds good can be wrinkle free too lol
Axx
Leora
17 Dec 2013 at 3:21PM
I get this a lot too, drives me crazy! Mentioned it to my nurse once, who suggested drinking tonic water as the quinine can calm the nerve impulses. Have to say didn't make a lot of difference, but I added gin to the tonic, and certainly cared less after it! Hope it goes soon for you Arwen.
Lx
venere
17 Dec 2013 at 3:31PM
botox sounds good if mine comes back my dentist can do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment