Tuesday 12 July 2016

Killer Candida foods

to me
Is there a list of anti-fungal food list that ACTIVELY kills candida? Not just the probable neutral foods that don’t feed yeast such as beans, brown rice, etc. I know a few anti-fungal foods such as flax seeds, extra virgin coconut oil, pomegranate juice, garlic, etc. I would like a comprehensive list, if possible. If not, then can you guys please start a list here starting with the foods I have mentioned:

flax seeds
flax oil
extra virgin coconut oil
pomegranate juice (possible controversy because of sugar)
garlic

THANKS!!! wave3
Pamela
Original Post
Buttercup
ButtercupMember
30/04/0716:00
Ok - to add to your list...

pau d'auco (taheeboh) tea
ginger
tumeric
rosemary
sage
oregano

Heating these things for to long would negate any benefits though. The herbs can be added to more flavoursome teas - I have actually grown to quite like savoury tea... weird Wink! I have been having a fresh ginger and lemon drink daily, and am feeling a bit of die-off from that - but I am VERY sensitive! AM going to start rotating it I think...

Any one else?
NZgirlMember
01/05/0702:02
I really have to learn to do the 'savory tea' thing!! When you're up here Sam you'll have to 'teach' me about lemon & ginger tea/drink!!
I've been doing the applecider vinegar in water thing every orning when I 1st get up, since I've found that I'm ok with it. I know that I should do lemon & ginger instead, oh, but, it just hasn't happened yet!! Frown
GeorgiannaMember
01/05/0713:17
In my previous searches, I have come across a study that mentioned rutabagas as being (slightly) antifungal. Since rutabagas are considered an OK food, you might want to try addiing it to your diet and see what happens.

ps they taste great with a little butter and salt.

~Geo
Buttercup
ButtercupMember
01/05/0714:15
Hey NZGirl!!

Yeah, I sure will! I seem to have become intolerant to lemons though, with having it every day! *sigh* I am going to start rotating ginger, lime, rosemary, sage, turmeric, oregano, thyme and lemon when I can have it again - then just combine two of the ingredients and steep for five mins in hot water like any other tea Smile Takes a bit of getting used to but worth the effort. You would have no probs with your herb garden Wink

Looking forward to actually seeing you!

samxx

ps Sorry for thread jacking!! Winky
MinnieMember
01/05/0714:53
Last edited by Linda WholeApproach 01/05/0718:55
I just learned about ChocoPerfection sweetened with FOS and it’s sugar free! So it’s a chocolate that can kill candida WHOOPEEE!!! banana elephant yippee happybounce

"The only gourmet chocolate bar available sweetened from Oligofructose, a new, natural prebiotic fiber which can help cure yeast infections, i.e. Candida and is…
* Repeatedly Voted "Best Tasting" Sugar Free Chocolate
* Sugar Free and Approved for Diabetics
* Sweetened from Healthy Plants and Chickory Root
* 14g of Dietary Fiber (more than 50% daily fiber)
* 0 Effect on Blood Sugar Levels
* 0 Maltitol and 0 Artificial Sweeteners
* 0 Chemicals
* 0 Trans Fats
* 0 Glycemic Index Sweeteners
* 0 Sodium
* Gluten Free
"ChocoPerfection has been classified as a ‘functional food’ and has been noted by nutritionists to be among the most beneficial health foods produced." – Journal of Functional Foods & Nutraceuticals, June 2005"

Main website of ChocoPerfection (expensive, but informative):
lowcarbspecialties.com

Single milk chocolate and/or dark chocolate bars (wholesale prices, if you just want to try both without buying a whole 12-pack):
carbsmart.com/choco.html

12-packs of milk chocolate and/or dark chocolate bars netrition.com
Minnie

sorry, no URL's please. Thank you!
AhabMember
02/05/0707:41
One of the ingredients for those bars is Erythritol, which is a sugar alcohol. The website says they won't upset your stomach like candy made with malitol, but I'm a little cautious... I thought all sugar alcohols can cause stomach problems (ie- gas, etc).
Thoughts?
Tarilee
TarileeModerator
04/05/0710:30
I've not heard of the Erythritol. I'm not sure why they would not just use stevia. I do this all the time and it works wonderfully. For me to personally get excited about that chocolate bar, it would need to be organic, direct-trade cocoa and be sweetened with totally safe, natural sweeteners. Granted, it's a big improvement on regular chocolate bars!

TLc
GeorgiannaMember
04/05/0710:47
Hey peoples,

I did a wikipedia search on erythritol... here's what I found:

Quote:
"Erythritol has long been part of the human diet. In the body, erythritol is absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine, and then for the most part excreted unchanged in the urine. Because erythritol is normally absorbed before it enters the large intestine, it does not normally cause laxative effects as are often experienced after over-consumption of other sugar alcohols and most people will consume erythritol with no side effects. This is unique, as other sugar alcohols are not absorbed directly by the body in this manner.

As a whole, erythritol is generally free of side-effects in regular use, but it is important to note that if you consume vast quantities of erythritol, effectively consuming it faster than your body can absorb it, it may cause a laxative effect. In effect, the dose-laxation response curve does not begin until you cross your body's natural absorption threshold. This threshold is usually higher than most people eat in a single sitting. Other sugar alcohols have a much more linear dose-laxation response curve that begins as soon as you consume even a single gram.

**Erythritol is also much more difficult for intestinal bacteria to digest, so it is unlikely to cause gas or bloating, unlike other common sugar alcohols such as maltitol, sorbitol, and lactitol.**

Erythritol has been certified as toothfriendly. The sugar alcohol cannot be metabolized by oral bacteria, and so does not contribute to tooth decay. Interestingly, erythritol exhibits some, but not all, of the tendencies to "starve" harmful bacteria like xylitol does. Unlike xylitol, erythritol is actually absorbed into the bloodstream after consumption but before excretion; however it is not clear if the effect of starving harmful bacteria occurs systemically at this stage."


I'm not sure if the fact that erythirtol is absorbed in the small intestine is a good thing or a bad thing.... my guess would be bad (sugar alcohols still feed candida, right?) but then the last part of the quote said that erythirtol acts like xylitol in 'starving' harmful bacteria...

Maybe we should wait for Tarilee's advice before immediately buying a HUGE carton of this stuff! Smile
Tarilee
TarileeModerator
08/05/0710:58
Thanks for digging that up for us. I'm not particularly interested in it myself. I'm less interested in recommending this product than I am in recommending glycerin which I've suggested cautiously. I'm not a biochemist but this product still 'smacks' of a highly processed food extract that has the added problem of being a sugar alcohol. If any of you choose to experiment with it, be on the look out for bladder, kidney or other inflammatory reactions in addition to the intestinal symptoms that are possible.

Take care,


TLC

No comments:

Post a Comment