Saturday 31 August 2013

I would try to reply, but MS Society, will withhold my reply and just ban me yet again

Beginning to suspect MS

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
Beginning to suspect MS
Author
Post
Reikiblossom
22 Aug 2012 at 9:09PM
I'm reaching out here in an attempt to get some clarity and support. I have been experiencing lots of different symptoms for quite some time, the most recent of which have been serious constipation and memory loss. I have been to my GP for the constipation and abdominal pains, suspecting ovarian cysts and just today had an ultrasound. Frustratingly, they didn't find anything. I have had a partial hysterectomy (and been through the emotional mill over the past four years, including a bout of depression and anxiety). Something recently nudged me into looking at MS. I have read lists of symptoms and found that many apply to me. I find that the most difficult thing is that most of them are very transitory and I don't know how to approach my GP.
My main concerns currently are the bowel issues, urgency in urinating (most days - I did well holding in 1L of water for nearly 2 hours today, when my appointment ran 40 mins late!). I am also experiencing frequent memory lapses. I have a 3 year old daughter and I've been joking about 'mumnesia' since she was born..but now it seems to be getting worse. My hubby often complains that I'm not listening to him when I had honestly been trying to and then promptly forgetting what he said. I am also stumbling over words when I speak, getting sounds or words mixed up, nearly daily. I used to be very fluent. I am also often dizzy and have mentioned this several times to my GP. (The response after some investigation was 'Can you live with it?'. Well, yes, it's not like the world is spinning, it's just a bit wobbly. Concerning though.
I have a recurrent prickling sensation in my back, under and around the left shoulder blade. I also get random pricking pains, twitches and tingling around my body, as well as a recurring tingling sensation of my right scalp (it's happening right now). My calves are prone to tenderness and the left one has been very crampy. My daughter stands on them occassionally, when I kneel and it's agony. I'm good at spelling but my typing is getting worse.
Then there's little things like the random pains, twitches, feeling like someone is poking my upper arm. I get migraines now after having given birth (emergency c-section followed by emergency hysterectomy). Before I was released, I also had one episode of split vision. They examined me for stroke but put it down to migraine. I'm now wondering if it was MS related. I get a little sideways twitch in my eyes now and again (and have done for years). I also see tiny pinprick light flashes and have a 'floater' in my right eye (which is also where I get the migraines). I've a little tremor in my ring fingers (mostly the right) and get occassional unexplained pins and needles. My right big toe is numb on the inside edge and has been for years.
So what do I do with all this information? Do I tell my GP the lot and go right ahead and ask for an MRI? I'm reluctant to. I don't wish to come across as a hypochondriac but neither do I wish this to be dismissed due to my history of depression and anxiety. I really want answers. I need to know what is causing my abdominal pains (twitches, aches, that are so transitory but repetitious). Something is not quite right. The way all this matches to MS symptoms is oddly reassuring - as much as I would rather not have a positive diagnosis, if it does turn out to be correct, I'd feel some relief. Right now, I'm in 'limboland'. Help?!

No comments:

Post a Comment