Thursday 15 August 2013

Atlas, vertigo, dizziness, fatigue




Atlas Subluxation


About Atlas Subluxation Complex:
(C-1 Vertebrae Misalignment)
 

What do headaches, muscle pain, depression, fatigue. dizziness, ringing in the ear, allergies, and high blood pressure have in common?  All are symptoms of misalignment of the C-1 (Atlas Vertebrae).  This vertebrae is connects the brain stem and spine, and therefore is rich in nerve endings that communicate and send messages to the entire body.  That is why when the C-1 is not properly aligned, it is possible to experience a wide variety of physical and emotional symptoms.   Spine
The nervous system is the master control of all systems of the body, and communications must be unrestricted in order for the brain to be able to diagnose the body’s needs. Imbalance in this system can result in energy blockages which can then become an underlying cause of illnessThe proper adjustment of C-1 can remove interference to normal nerve function and create an an environment of health and healing in the body.
The diagnosis and treatment is rather simple:
A chiropractor who is specially trained in either the NUCCA System (National Upper Cervical Association) or other similar protocol, will do a visual exam as well as a series of neck x-rays to determine if treatment is required. The treatment itself is fast, painless, and very gentle, consisting of very light pressure applied to the neck/ear area. People often comment that they "didn't feel a thing."  But the results are generally very apparent, often with an immediate relief in symptoms.
The number of treatments you will need depends on many factors, including the type of condition you have, how long you have been subluxated, your general health, and how long the adjustment holds its restored position.

For more detailed information and to find a practitioner in your area, visit www.nucca.org or call the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association at 1-800-541-5799. Two other sites of interest are: www.uppercervical.org and www.upcspine.com.
Thanks to Dr. Jason Nitzsche for providing this photograph of a C-1 adjustment



How A Diagnosis of Atlas Subluxation Complex Changed My Life

by Andrea Chervenak
Many years ago I had a negative chiropractic experience, so when an alternative practitioner I was working with suggested I consult with a chiropractor specialzing in the NUCCA system (Atlas/C-1 Alignment), I was reluctant to go. But after more than 10 years of suffering with vertigo, dizziness, and fatigue, I am so glad I followed her advice as I discovered that Atlas Subluxation (C-1 Misalignment) was a huge contributor to my debilitating symptoms. It is likely that my C-1 was likely subluxated for many, many years...and therefore it has taken a while for the treatments to take hold. But without a doubt this treatment has greatly aided in my healing, as well as  my overall health and sense of well-being.

I was very fortunate to find a local NUCCA* practitioner - a chiropractor specially trained to diagnose and treat misalignment of the C-1 vertebrae, also known as Atlas Subluxation Complex. (See websites listed above to find a practioner in your area)  After performing a visual exam and taking a series of x-rays, it was confirmed that my C-1 was out of alignment.  
I have been treated for Atlas Subluxation Complex for the few years, and have experienced dramatic relief from my symptoms.  I know when my C-1 is out of align because my symptoms begin to flare-up: I may start getting headaches,  and/or lower back pain. And if I go without treatment for too long the results can be more severe - dizziness, mild depression, constipation, and vertigo.  Even after all this time I am always amazed as to how immediate the relief from symptoms is after being adjusted.  Even the degenerative discs in my neck and back no longer cause discomfort, but will flare up if I am out of align. I do want to point out that not everyone has immediate relief, but with the proper adjustment, and a little patience, the results can be remarkable.
The treatment really is very gentle - there is no rough manipulation.  There are times I get an adjustment and feel absolutely nothing, or at most a very light touch to the ear or neck area.  If you suffer with the symptoms described above and the root cause has eluded you , or if you have an undiagnosed illness and have not found relief through any other means, I recommend you consider investigating Atals Subluxation (C-1 Misalignment) as the culprit! ~ Andrea Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment