Friday 14 August 2015

Candida and the lungs p.1

How do you get rid of candida fungal infection in the lungs?
How do you know if the infection is clearing up - x-rays, blood tests, ct scans?
Can someone lead a normal life if the infection has severly damaged the lungs?
Can the lung repair itself?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Mysandra
Tell a Friend | Report

replied September 22nd, 2005
Candida
I was diagnosed with this thru blood and spit cultures test.
They are going to do a cat scan in another week to see if the medicine diflucan is working. They have to do a liver test in the morning to make sure diflucan isnt causing me to have liver problems.

I was in the hospital since august 26 and it took them 2 weeks to diagnose it. It did not show up on my x-rays but it did show up on my cat scan. With them not knowing what it was at first they put me in isolation for 3 days in the hospital testing me for tb, hiv, and about 50 other disease I never heard off. When it all came back negative and the cultures came back they realized it was candida. They then put me on iv therapy for a week and then sent me home.
The medicine makes me sick to my stomach but I dont have the pneumonia symptoms I had in the beginning. Also after everything I have been through and all the different diagnoses they gave me in the beginning I have started to have panic attacks everytime something new hurts because then I think im dieing and that im never going to get better.
I have to take the medicine for 2 months. My only concern is if it will stay gone once im done. I have read many things and it seems to me it is something that never goes away.
I would just like to talk to someone going thru the same thing.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 29th, 2011
Yeast infection
I have the same thing. Diet plays such an important part. There are books on diets for yeast infections. When I have the pneumonia like symptoms, I switch on to the MEVY diet. This is meat, eggs, vegetables, yogurt. No bread, no sugar, no potatoes or starchy food. Yogurt with active bacterial culture is the first line of defence in your diet. It takes a long time to get good bacteria to grow in the places where yeast has taken over, but it can be done. After the MEVY diet, you gradually introduce other foods. I find fruit is especially not good while battling a yeast related illness. It is loaded with sugar. Try the MEVY diet for a month. I bought the book The Yeast Syndrome. I followed it the way it worked the best for me. Good luck with getting over your illness. You can do it!
One more thing, lace all your food with garlic because that is a yeast enemy. In the lab yeast cannot grow when garlic is present. Sugar in all its forms is yeasts best friend.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 26th, 2005
Candida In the Lungs
Hi chloe,

this is a very hard disease to get rid off.
We have tried everyting as well. Diflucan, primaxin (done intraveneously), sporanox, amphertericin b (done intraveneously). You name it we have tried it. It seems that the fungus is developing a resistance to all the anti-biotics.

We are still trying though as giving up is not the answer. We keep praying and asking god to heal the lungs as they are severly damaged from the fungus. The use of a ventilator is in use right now to have some type of lung function. I hope that your situation improves and would not reach to the stage where surgery is needed.
Kindly reply if you can.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 27th, 2005
Dear clseerattan,

I am so sorry to hear that yours has progressed so far. I do hope that you get better.
I am yet to find anything out about candida pnuemonia, I have searched everything I can find but there is not to much info about it. I am scared because I feel so bad all the time, the medicine makes me sick and now im congested again, with terrible body aches. If it were not for my kids I think i'd want to just die sometimes, since I feel like it anyway and I cant do anything. As a mother right now im not a very good one because I am so tired all the time. But I pray also that this will pass and I will get better.
How did you find out you had it??? Does yours show up on xray??? Some days I think yes I feel great then an hour later it feels like someone beat me with a frying pan. But today I felt bad all day. I would go back to the hospital but I dont want to leave my kids and almost all the veins in my arms are blown from the last stay there anyway and im scared that just because I feel like im dieing that I might really be dieing and I am not ready yet. I dont even know how I got this disease???
Sorry I am emotional today like I said I dont feel well. I know you sound worse off than me and I am so sorry for your pain you sound strong I am sure you will pull thru I will put you in my prayers.
How long have you been sick if you dont mind me asking???
Have you had to get surgery yet?? If so did it not help is that why you are on the ventilator??? I am scared.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 19th, 2011
Buy garlic pills at cvs there very cheap and eat them all day, i eat like 8, i also take wormwood and cinnamon. Colloidal silver is the best! you must read about it. The yeadt can not become resistant to it and it has no harmful side effects. Kefir is also amazing at re establishing your natural flora, which is very important.Also i take baccilus laterosporous and it has help tons, it apparently attacks the fungus in the intestines, which is normally its home base. If ur lungs are bad read about inhaling hydrogen peroxide. Hope this helps ive read alot and im currently winning the war.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 19th, 2005
Lung Yeast
I have this junk and have had it all my life..........Imo it is very important to exercise the lungs. I do this by lifting weights. I use a warm mist mositurizer at night a lot. I take great pains to keep it clean...

I take lamisil. Have been on sporonox-diflucan amphotericinb etc....Lamisil works best for me... I use combivnet inhaler and also take singulair...

A cleaned up diet really helps but his is extremly difficult. I use a juicer when I am really "on" and in tune. However nothing beats it. You just have to learn to live with it......


I also use a waterpik to wash sinuses out. I put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in the water to irrigate sinuses with.....Drink braggs apple cider vinegar too....


Hang in there
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 14th, 2011
i feel like i have lung yeast. i am caughing up all kinds of paper white frothy junk from my sinuses and lungs. i have been diagnosed with candida of the esophagus and stomache. what types of tests did the doctors do to find out you had lung yeast? they have done sputum tests and such,but thats it. if you can please call me. my numbers are 859-294-5560. this is my work. they will answer circle 4 auto sales. 859-333-9341 is my cell #
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 19th, 2005
Thanks
Thanks blacktruck, they took me off all medicines for now because they were making me so sick. So as long as I feel ok they said I dont have to take anything. And the only thing acting up now is my sinuses so your advice was great. They also told me about the exercising so I do yoga normally so I ordered more tapes today just so I could do more than my normal 20 min tape plus I got a meditation tape too just because I thought it would deal with the stress. But since ive been off the medicine which has been about a week. I can once again eat. Which is great I missed food. But I have noticed some foods do not agree anymore. I eat alot of soup and crackers.

Where do you get the waterpick thing you were talking about???? Can you get it at a osco???
Have they ever took you off the medicine??? If so how long were you able to be off it before they put you back on it again??? If I have to go back on it i'll ask them about the lamisil next time. Thank you!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 19th, 2005
Fungal Lung Infection
I probably manage my own case. My docors generally try whatever I ask. Unfortunately for us there are not many docs who are hip to candida/fungal infection. It was interesting that they thought u had tb as that also happened to me. The county made me see an infectious disease spec and he found the aspergillus/ candida in my sputum.

Essentially what happens is the yeast is in your stomach and do to immune system malfunction it thrives there. Your sinuses produce mucous as that drips in to stomach and helps to control the yeast. Unfortunately the constant running in sinuses provides the moist home the fungus loves so it migrates there. At night the constant drip ends up in lungs and your bronchials inflame to keep out the mucous. So this produces sino-bronchial syndrome--an asthma like condition whihc makes it hard to breathe. You will notice the relief from inhaler is very short lived....


I ended up on lamisil by acident as none of the docs would prescribe it for me. Finally my athletes feet became so bad they put me on it. My inhaler usage cut in half after 30 days. I was on it fourteen months one time. I was off 5 months and breathing got really bad. I just went back on it....


You can get your watrerpik at ebay... go to ebay and search "waterpik dental" u need the wp-60 system and should be able to get it for under 30. You will need a "grossan tip" ........ Do search on grossan sinus irrigator tip.......They are around 18 bucks and snap into the waterpik ...


I would also advise to get some good coconut oil and ingest three tablespoons daily...It helps to control yeast....


You can alternate sinus irrigator with many items to hwelp;;;;;;try a product called alkalol which u can order thru the rite aid pharmacy....It is 2.79 a bottle...Mix 4 oz with water in the irrigator.......U can also do a solution iof betadeine-salt-baking soda..... Alternate the three----get the hydrogen peroxide at health food store---get food grade---be careful with this stuff---it is 35% pure 10 times more pwoerful than what u buy at drug store....



Good luck!



Good luck........
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 20th, 2005
I had to see a infectious disease Dr. Too and thats how they found it is thru a sputum test. And then he put me on the diflucan 400 mg a day and says but I dont think this is what you really have because it only showed up on the sputum and that may only be because you have been on antibiotics. So I dont even think they know if this is what it is but every other test was negative so they said it might be. They just took me off the medicine because I lost so much weight while I was on it and I really didnt have that much to lose because before the illness I was a work aholic.
They also dont know why the whites of my eyes turned blue or why the skin on my lips keep peeling they just decided to blame it on self mutilation even though I dont rub my eyes or bite my lips they gave me prozac for that but I am not taking it because I know thats not my problem but drs. Dont want to listen they have to act like they know everything.

But thanks for your help I really appreciate the sinus tid bit.

I have another question do you get dizzy alot even when your breathing is fine. I cant seem to kick this problem if I could id feel alot better but maybe its part of my sinus problem also??? I dont know ive never been sick before and this is all knew besides like the 24 hr flu ive never had a problem so im completely dumb about all of this

once again thank you for your help
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 21st, 2005
If you have yeast you will get a lot of wierd feelings----your blood sugar will feel like it is hypoglycemic or diabetic depending on what stage of infection you are at....


Try this to see if it helps........Go to the health food store and buy a bottle of braggs apple cider vinegar.........Start drinking an ounce or so in a glass of water first thing in the morning and last thing at night...


Also drink an ounce in a glass of water before you eat each meal. If this helps you it is a good sign yeast is the problem...( yes! It has to be bragg's---bragg's has the mother in it---it is not strained.......Avoid all other vinegars)

you need to really avoid sugars and starches ( I am very good at giving this advice and very bad at following it!---dont be like me)


doctors are trained to treat the diseases of years ago. In order to treat your disease you have to do it yourself. So get on the net ans start searching........Most docs do not recognize any fungal diseases....


here is how I found my doctor..........I got on the internet and got a bucnch of ent's phone numbers and started calling them. I wanted to find one who was familiar with the mayo clinics findings on fungal sinusitis.......When I finally found one I went to her........She sent me for cat scans which showed my sinuses [packed--then I showed her how I drained them by lying upside down--she sent me to my present doctor who is an immunologist---as it turns out all the ent's send their worst sinus patients to him. He also has a constant sinus infection sufferer and has fungal issues...]



good luck


if u need anything else just write!
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 21st, 2005
Ps

the fungus will show up from time to time in your sputum but if it shows up once it is there all the time. There really is no reliable tests to confirm the disease.....You can do the full panel i(g) 's (a,e,g,m) and they may or may not find them.


You can also go to the curezone and possibly find some things which help



in all honesty the docs are not much help....I been doing this all my life and I am 58........It really gets a lot worse once you reach 47 or so....
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 22nd, 2005
:d thank you I will try this out to see how it works. I will email you and let you know thank you once again.

Yeah I have already heard about the starch and sugar thing but that cuts out 90% of my diet intake I am trying though. But with out the starch and sugars there isnt really to much left to eat unless your a rabbit. :wink:

thank you!!!

Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2005
Candida In Lungs... Or Allergies?
Hi from a newbie:

i've suffered from chronic, long-term (decades!) lung plegm/throat clearing and was also diagnosed with colon candida about 15 years ago. But I don't know how to get rid of this lung problem. I've tried to figure it out and have tried quite a few things and can't figure it out. I was thinking it might be candida-related, but from reading about "pulmonary candidiasis," it sounds like I should have a fever and be real sick, which i'm not.

So now i'm thinking if it might be some kind of intestinal dysbiosis or maybe food allergies or bad food combining or bacterial infection... Or???

Any ideas/comments greatly appreciated!!
-michael
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 27th, 2005
Hello
I never had a fever the whole time I was sick, actually my fever was low it was a 96 or 97 and my blood pressure was really low too sometimes it got down to the 75/50 range. They could not understand either one. I had pneumonia but no fever, and they were scared to death of my bp.
I was just sick on and off for about a year and a half or two years then I got the pneumonia and it lasted about 2 months. I ate antibiotics for the whole duration like it was candy and it got to the point alot didnt do a thing for me anymore. I really dont think the diflucan helped that much for anything. I just had to get in the right attitude that im sick and there is not a darn thing thats going to make me feel 100 percent anymore and I just have to live with it. The only thing im taking right now is the stuff for my stomach because the diflucan messed up my stomach really bad.

Like I said before no one really knows what I have but it is the only thing that showed up on any of the test the took. But none of the drs. Really think thats what it is and ive seen about 5 or 6 so far. They can give me a whole list of what its not though. They keep wanting to tell me its a auto immune disease but ive been tested for them all and they are all negative. So I guess the hardest part is not really knowing. I have good days were im feeling 90 % then the next day i'll just lay in bed all day. It is a very hard disease.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 3rd, 2007
Oi
If you want to know more about mesothelioma let's to visit this site :

http://www.Mesothelioma-vn.Co.Nr

one of the best mesothelioma website news in the world !!!
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 12th, 2007
Re: Candida Fungal Infection In the Lungs
clseerattan wrote:
How do you get rid of candida fungal infection in the lungs?

How do you know if the infection is clearing up - x-rays, blood tests, ct scans?

Can someone lead a normal life if the infection has severly damaged the lungs?

Can the lung repair itself?


Do your xrays appear as something is growing around the bronchial tree? My Dr. Did a bronchoscopy and found what was growning was large amounts of white mucous? Can this be fungus from being asthmatic with sinusitis and allergic rhinitis ,using a oral steroid spray all the time?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 28th, 2007
Lungs And Fungal Infection, Candida? What My Doc Said + Did
Hi, ( I'm a Newbie doing mega research + learned some things)

I've always had chronic bronchitis, sinusitis, 1 bout of pneunomia 20 yrs. ago. Bronchitis got REALLY bad 10/07. Went to an Allergist, got chest x-ray (showed nothing), sputum was + for Candida (?was it from antibiotics prescribed for Bronchitis or fungal infection?) Had a CT Scan... showed pea sized growth on lung + spidery 'legs' She mentioned cancer. BUT thinks it's not cancer. Thinks FUNGAL infection which is 'no walk in the park either'... I've been referred to a Pulmonologist for further testing this coming week.

I asked YOUR questions: Doc said Candida can be treated by meds. either orally or intravenously depending on severity. It also may require surgery to remove a mass. Doesn't really ever go away - damaged lung tissue and scarring. Requires regular check ups and BIG TIME healthy regimen to keep immune system in top notch condition. I sympathize with you and will keep you posted, my appt. is Jan. 2nd, 08
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 3rd, 2008
Lungs And Fungal Infection, Candida? What My Doc Said + Did
I am currently treating my lung cancer as a fungus. I don't know how this will work but have tried just about everything else. I use apple cider vinegar and oil of oregano. The oil of oregano is quite potent, but I find that adding the drops to orange juice helps. I do use other supplements as well but these are the two main ones I use for treating fungus.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 18th, 2008
Dear notalonewithcancer:

I've got lung cancer too and have some kind of infection. The doctor says these infections are pretty rare. I do have weakened immune system but still...have you already tried antibioitics?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 17th, 2009
Hard choices
By trial and error I know this much. I eliminated red meat, sugar of all types (substituted sweet & low), coffee, tea, all dairy products, bread and / or anything else with wheat flour of any kind in it for 4 months and all my symptoms disappeared. No more waking up in the night choking and desperate for my nebulizer to get even one breath (I really was afraid I was going to die), increased stamina. Reduced swelling in my joints, particularly my knees. less itching around my eyes. Clear sinuses. After that four months I slowly went back to coffee with cream and sugar, eating bread, eggs, beef etc. and lo and behold all my symptms have returned except for the swelling in my knees. The breathing problems are not as bad but still there to the point where I carry my nebulizer with me just in case. I had a bad episode yesterday and like it or not It's back to fish and brocolliand herb tea. It's not easy but I did lose 30 pounds on that diet and sure felt a lot better soooooooooo. There it is. Candidas feeds on all those items I eliminated and the only way to get it under control is to starve it to death. It occurs naturally in everyone so it's always there lurking and waiting for an opportunity to bloom. Stress, antibiotics, and our typical meat and sugar loaded diet provide the opportunity. One last observation. Controling Candidas is like dieting. You can't do it for a while and then go back to you "normal" way of life. This new way of eating has to become your "normal" way of life. The good news is that once it's under control, going out for a steak with lots of veggies is ok once a month or so. Just don't bring it home. With kids that's harder but eating fish, chicken and lots of veggies won't hurt them and eating chips and dip only outside the home is just their way of showing how much they love you. Good luck with that Wink
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 18th, 2012
Candida
I don't think you have to STARVE yourself to get rid of it....read GAPS (Gut and Psycology Syndrome) book. It is a diet that includes lots of meat, eggs, vegetables, fermented foods and healthy fats. I have done a considerable amount of research on this and plan to start in January. I too have health issues which should be cleared once I change my eating habits to those mentioned above, for a time.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 25th, 2009
JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU
I've been sick for about 7 months now and my family doctor has basically given up on me, my friends think i'm just crazy and i have lost all interest in everything. i've lost over 30 lbs and feel terrible all the time.my son is 14 and is homeschooled, i'm supposed to be his teacher but can't find the strength to do the smallest thing. i've had every test under the son and just went to the e.r a few hours ago, short of breath, once again sent home with "no" help. i need to find an infectious disease doctor but have no idea what to do. i just had mold in my kitchen which made the yeast grow like crazy. i know i have a yeast infection because i have every symptom and all the other tests are neg. i stayed at my parents house for th elast 8 days and was feeling so much better (away from the mold and fumes from them repairing my ceiling) once i came back into my house it all came back. before this, i've never had an allergy to anything. i can't even use mouth wash or anything with a scent.garlic tablets are supposed to be a natural remedy to remove toxins and kill yeast, but they are also blood thinners. i started to cry when i read all of your blogs bcoz i'm not alone anymore. thank all of you for your posts. it has given me so much hope for getting better. god bless all of you, and i pray that you all get better too
Did you find this post helpful?
123


Read more: Candida Fungal Infection In the Lungs - Lung Cancer Forum - eHealthForum http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic40545.html#ixzz3in396FNK
Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment