Thursday 7 May 2015

I was looking up misaligned atlas candida and EBV and stumbled over this re ALS I was Fee001

Postby harry1 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:41 pm
I know that this is an MS forum however it's still good to post about advances in other neuro diseases and this looks very good as researchers from Northwestern University say that they've found the ''holy grail'' or the cause of ALS thats eluded scientists for decades as they discovered a defected protein found exclusively in ALS patients called Ubiquilin which is responsible for the health and maintenance of nerve cells (cellular recycling system) in the brain and spinal cord.

More to the story for those interested.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/ct-met-northwestern-als-breakthrough-20110822,0,4185292.story
User avatar
harry1
Family Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:00 pm



Advertisement

Postby whyRwehere » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 am
Thanks Harry, I am interested.
User avatar
whyRwehere
Family Elder
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:00 pm


Postby LR1234 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:44 am
Very interesting...anything that helps work out neuro conditions could help us one day.
LR1234
Family Elder
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: California


Postby civickiller » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:44 am
yup just like every "break-through", more drugs

a misaligned C1 or atlas cause a brain nerves and muscle nerves disconnect
just like in MS.

realigning C1 can get all the nerves connected again
User avatar
civickiller
Family Elder
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: Hawaii


Postby fee001 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:28 pm
Civickiller,


Why alternatives are not researched baffles me. The MS Society raises money for research, but only medical related, what!!!!!! no alternative research, why not. To me it makes no logical sense at all. Why isnt any one brave enough to look outside the box.

It has cost me a mear 1,000 pounds so far to find out exactly what my problems now are. My Atlas, I now think that my spine misalignments may have happened due to me adapting my stance to avoid pain and falling over. Thats why you and me cant, walk for different reasons, but at the same time have one important factor in common, an iffy Atlas.

So my conclusions are we are all here for different reasons and factors, many many crossovers Atlas, Lymes, Candida, Lupus, CFS bung in stress or a traum either physical or psychological and what do you get a cocktail of a mess not ms a mess, then chuck in various drug side affects which also can mimic symptoms classed as ms. and there are other factors Epstein Barr link. You and I are not Doctors, Scientists or Neurologists, but we know our own bodies and its reactions better than any of them. They can tell me nothing except perhaps, maybe, possibly, its very unpredictable. What a load of utter rubbish. I dont work for a reason, I have now found what that reason is.

I wont sit down and be quiet like a good girl. I do not stand alone, I've got you, its a start just watch us finish!!!!

Fiona
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
User avatar
fee001
Family Elder
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Notts England


Postby rainer » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:27 pm
Sounds promising.

I can't even fathom how buried in bias you have to be to see this as evidence of the evil drug companies. I guess buried so deep you think visiting a chiropractor would cure people of a disease that kills them in 3-5 years.
User avatar
rainer
Family Elder
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:00 pm


Postby cheerleader » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 pm
It is interesting research. We lost a really good friend to ALS in March....I agree w/Rainer. Our friend had regular chiro and physical therapy to help his deteriorating body, and he died at 49. And he fought that disease for 10 years, every day til the end. He mixed his last record using eye motion alone. He was an incredible human being...
link

Ubiquitin isn't really new, though...although this specific form of ubiqilin 2 seems novel. Don't know how Northwestern is taking claim to the discovery...this protein has been linked to ALS for awhile.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10675580

Here's the team in San Diego (where Ned lived at the end) looking at how to apply this research:
http://als.ucsd.edu/research/Pages/curr ... jects.aspx


cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
User avatar
cheerleader
Family Elder
 
Posts: 5179
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: southern California


Re: Cause of ALS Found?

Postby NHE » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:34 pm
Some background reading on a related protein with a similar function, ubiquitin...

http://www.nature.com/nature/supplement ... #editorial


NHE
User avatar
NHE
Volunteer Moderator
 
Posts: 3535
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:00 pm


Postby fee001 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:52 am
Rainer,

In the words of Robert Deniro "are you talkin to me" if you are then direct specifically ok.

Fiona
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
User avatar
fee001
Family Elder
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Notts England


I'm at fault

Postby fee001 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:34 am
Rainer,

I apologise, I'm at fault here. You see I forget how I was, and the degree of helplessness I felt. If suddenly I reverted back to 2 years ago, I don't think I would cope.

I had got to a desperate complex state of affairs. I suffered indignities that no man or woman should be subjected to.

I had to watch my children interact with others but not me.

When I looked in the mirror all I could see staring back was an old broken woman.

Life was like being outside the window looking in at everybody else enjoying life without me.

It was very hard indeed. for me to become so complacent is very arrogant.

for that I apologise to all who may think that. and that includes you.

so I am sorry

Fiona
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
User avatar
fee001
Family Elder
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Notts England


Postby harry1 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:31 am
Firstly thanks Cheer and NHE for the posted links and i'm going to post these over at the ALS forum site (ALS-TDI) that i regulary frequent later on today !!
http://www.als.net/forum/default.aspx?g=topics&f=15

Secondly thanks Fiona for frequently posting about alternative ways and treatments etc. (yes i read your posts) as before i came down with CIDP (Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy) since 1996 which has paralysed my lower extremeties i was a hard core (steroid free) bodybuilder during the 80's and 90's as i practically lived at the YMCA and GNC as i was very much into nutrition, fitness and longevity etc. and have studied nutrition extensively over the years and after some 15 years with this disease i believe it has kept me alive and not spread to my upper extremities etc.

I guess my thoughts about neurological research is that since current drugs/medicines are mostly crap (at least at this 2011 timeline) that people should look to try and slow down thier disease progression with diet, supplements and alternative healing practitioners etc. however at the same time many people like myself who've been paralysed for so long (15 years) and to which alternative diets and supplements haven't fully cured really do hope that science can advance to again function and/or regrow our nerves (ALS, CIDP, MS, Huntington's, Muscular Dystrophy etc.) as these nerve diseases are some tough ''Sons of B*tches'' if you get my drift :)
User avatar
harry1
Family Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:00 pm


Postby fee001 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:44 am
Harry 1,

Yes I do get your drift and I wud send you back a smiley face, but I havent figured that one out yet. it took me two years to work out how to do it on my phone.

Technology is not my thing.

Fiona
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
User avatar
fee001
Family Elder
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Notts England


Postby civickiller » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:59 am
the problem is the traditional chiro doesnt deal with correcting C1.

im not saying Upper Cervical Care can cure ALS, MS, or Parkinsons, maybe can, may be not but what i do know is, I havent met a MS person yet whos atlas wasnt off but again of course i dont know everyone with ms who saw a UCC dr. I always say at least see if you can benefit from UCC

i just know some of the improvements ive felt was way more than i ever felt on drugs.

no drug has ever cured anyone with a neurological disease, try find someone, drugs companies pay for what ever clinical trail which support drugs, again try find one, drug companies pay kick backs to neuro's for prescribing the drugs, proven. neurologist running ccsvi trails dont find ccsvi, results from buffalo trial, dr's that perform the surgery to correct find ccsvi in majority of MS patients, idk an exact %, i know its high with physical evidence showing ccsvi. that my beef with drug companies

heres alittle info uprightdoc found with als
http://www.upright-health.com/alzheimers.html
User avatar
civickiller
Family Elder
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: Hawaii


Postby fee001 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:20 am
Civickiller,

You see at first I didnt realise not all Chiros deal with Atlas re alignment.

I always knew that I had a problem with my neck, I read aout subluxations, I looked into Noel Battons theory on aa case re Tiffany.
I also was interested in a procedure Montel Williams had years ago. that guy was so close. I think he needed continuous treatment, I can only presume that he didnt.

But if he also has ccsvi, that will be very interesting, as I believe the two go hand in hand.

Just my opinion, before someone jumps on my head.

Fiona
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
User avatar
fee001
Family Elder
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Notts England


Calling Harry 1

Postby fee001 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:25 am
Harry 1,

I have sent you a private message ok praps you wud like to pick it up sometime eh!

Fiona
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
User avatar
fee001
Family Elder
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Notts England

No comments:

Post a Comment