Sunday 21 December 2014

Candida Yeast cuses acne - a personal account

Candida Yeast Causes Acne, the Connection

candida yeast causes acne
Is there a connection between candida yeast and acne? Could candida yeast cause acne? It caused my acne!
What is Candida Yeast?
Candida Albicans is a type of yeast that is naturally in our bodies. Yeast does not cause issues unless an imbalance occurs which will result in yeast overgrowth.  There are many causes of yeast overgrowth, such as; taking antibiotics, alcohol, stress, low immune system, etc.
Why Candida Yeast can Cause Acne:
Yeast overgrowth causes havoc on the body and can cause the release of hundreds of toxins in the body. The good bacteria is limited and is overpowered by the yeast overgrowth. This causes a severe imbalance of microorganisms and overgrowth of bad bacteria.

My experience with candida yeast causing my acne

I wanted to share my experience of when I had acne which I later found out was caused by yeast. I hope this helps others with acne as some may have yeast overgrowth causing their acne. I included the rough dates to give an idea of how long it took for my skin to clear up from the candida yeast free diet.
-Several years ago I was on a low dose antibiotic for about 7 days. To give you an idea of time frame, I took the antibiotic in the beginning of January.
-After taking the antibiotic, I started eating a large amount of sugar, I was eating around 5 servings of fruit a day ( for the antioxidants). However, at the time I had no idea what was occurring.
-Around February/March I started getting tiny bumps all over my forehead (which looked like acne) and as time went on they seemed to get worse.  So I started using natural treatments that are used for typical acne, but they actually made my skin worse which seemed odd.
-After researching I came across the connection of candida yeast and acne but before I started any treatments for yeast, I went to see a dermatologist just to see what he would say and of course all he said is “you have acne”. I even mentioned that I had taken antibiotics and asked if it could be related to yeast. His response was “not possible”.  Of course he was wrong!
-In mid April I started the yeast free diet, ate no sugar even fruit, took a strong probiotic and supplements which help “kill” the yeast.
-In late July I started noticing my forehead improving!
-By August my forehead was completely clear!

As you can see it took about 3 months before seeing a result, I believe without a doubt that the yeast was causing my acne. At one point, after about a month of doing the diet I considered giving up because I wasn’t seeing any immediate results, but you really need at least 3 months on the diet and regimen in order to see the full effect.
If you have acne,  looking into the possibility of yeast causing it would be a good avenue. Especially if you have taken any antibiotics. I don’t believe that this can cure everyone’s acne but it may help and or eliminate acne for some because there is an underlying issue with yeast.

To help determine if you think it may be causing your acne, I posted more information on the causes of yeast overgrowth, what yeast is, and how I treated it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...By:Lori.Klein                                                                                                                                                      
8

No comments:

Post a Comment