Tuesday 18 November 2014

Kath's Candida and miscarriage

Senior Member
(female)

Join Date: May 2006
Location: England, UK
Posts: 176
Kathp HB User
Candida and Miscarriage

Hi Guys

Well it's been a little over a month since my miscarriage. Following four weeks of heavy bleeding, my doctor ran some tests to check for infection etc. Well, the results turned out that I have chronic candida (yeast infection, commonly known as thrush) in my vagina and colon (I've had no symptoms of this at all). I am well aware that the risk of developing candida in your vulva during pregnancy is higher, however, I was not aware you could even get candida in your colon... Has anyone else heard of/had this?

I've just done a quick search on the net and I've found that having candida in your colon does actually increase risk of miscarriage. I wish I'd have know this when I was at the doctors so I could've questioned her about it. Does this mean candida was the probable cause of my miscarriage? Once treated; does it mean if and when I conceive again, it stands more of a chance being successful? So many questions!

In one respect, if candida was the cause of miscarriage, I feel lucky to know, as most women never find out what causes their loss. On the other hand, if it was candida - something so simple to treat - that caused this, I feel robbed and angry. Does anyone else have experience of this or can anyone offer any advice/opinions?

Thanks, Kath.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment