Saturday 15 November 2014

All NicNic's symptoms are Atlas related, that's what's wrong with her and a GP won't realise that only a trained eye of a Chiropractor


scared and fed up. what's wrong with me? symptoms list
Hi there, My name is Nic and I am 30, live in Scotland. I feel like I'm going round and round. After a year of seeing my gp atleast once every 2 weeks, I am being sent for a CT scan. I have been told my symptoms are everything from depression, ear problems to stress. My symptoms are as follows: Headaches Muscles contract sporadically Hand tremors Weak arm and legs Dizzy Black spots in vision Pins and needles Numb hands and feet Cold hands and feet Confusion, forgetfulness Falling over Dropping things Feel like spiders running on skin Painful jaw. Painful joints and jaw are only on my right side Exhausted but trouble sleeping Please help me. Do any of you have similar symptoms? Nic
Hi Nic,  maybe you should ask your GP to refer you to a Neuro. He would then need you to have various tests done to be able to give him an idea of what might be the trouble. Some of your symptoms may sound a bit like MS but only a Neuro would be able to tell you what's happening. What you're feeling could be any number of things, so you need to get things going.
Good luck
Rosina x
Yes i get most of these but not diagnosed either. I have had all these on and off for 14 yrs, had 2 brain scans that were clear so was told i was depressed, had me/cfs, anxiety etc but last year my 3rd one had lesions on. Lumbar puncture negative and evoke potential test negative. It's so frustrating to not know what's going on.
Hi guys, thanks for ur messages. I asked my gp to refer me to neuro and he said there is no point just now because he would just do a CT scan, so we may aswell wait until I get that. Symptoms are getting worse. I can't go to work. The stabbings pains all over my body are agony, and even though I am exhausted, I am struggling to sleep ar night as symptoms seems to get worse at bed time, particularly the muscle jerks. I am miserable. Paracetamol doesn't tough the pain, I just can't get through each day now. Nic
I had a ct scan first which showed shadows so i was then referred to a neurologist and he ordered an mri. I get the stabbing pains too, in my head and in my side near my spleen and its usually an indication that a relapse is on the way.
There is a point in getting referred now because it can take months to get an appointment and they will do other tests not just order scans. Personally I would ask again, and if he still says no, go to a different doc to get a referal.
 
go to an A&E hospital that also has a neurology department.
give them your shopping list of symptoms and don't be shy about explaining the pain you are in.
they will think about giving you a CT scan and will no doubt go through the motions of checking to see if you're having a stroke (docs seem to love stroke victims these days).
when this pantomime has concluded, you should at least get a sit down with the 'neurologist on call' who will either sort you out with a MRI there and then, or at least have you on your way to an appointment for one.
press for a cervical, thoracic and cranial scan. and please have the courage to tell them of your dissatisfaction should anyone dare tell you "there is no point in xyz", especially if what you are suffering is compromising the quality of your life. annoy the piss out of them!
good luck!
I already tried a&e last week. Had my symptoms diary, and was in tears with the pain. After bloods and check over was told there was nothing they could do. There was no reason for me to be at casualty as it wasn't an emergency. I would uave to go home and see my gp. They told me to take paracetamol to tide me over. I asked for a scan and.the said, we only send for a scan if it's serious, as in you are fitting or in a coma. Lovely. I have a 4 year old disabled child and I can't look after her properly. I have been to out of hour doc 4 times, and my own gp 5 times in the last 6 weeks alone, as well as the trip to a and e. I'm scared I'm going to loose my job. My home is a mess. I feel like everything is falling apart, but no one is taking me seriously.
hi nicnic
you have neurological problems for sure, maybe ms maybe not.
whatever it is, it is causing you to have fatigue.
difficult to explain to outsiders but it is enough to deal with, without the pain.
once you are seen by a neuro he/she will be able to advise your gp on which neuropathic painkillers to prescribe.
a word of advice - stop fretting about your messy house, it's a side effect of your illness.
what you need to do with your limited energy is proritise.
​1. look after yourself
2. look after your child
3. take pleasure in the simple things (cuddling your child, enjoying a beautiful day, listening to music etc)
4. begin to eliminate stress from your life (very important)
5. hang on to those friends who show some understanding
is your gp writing you sick notes?
take care
carole xx
You've had some good advice, definitely do what paolo and Carole have suggested. You will end up getting more wound up and make yourself much worse. Do you have family to call upon to give you a hand with your child?  I'm not suggesting you have MS, but you are presenting something that is not right. There are so many conditions that have same symptoms as MS, like Low Vitamin D.
My long road to dx took way too many years (10) because no GP would take me seriously, I'm sure they thought I was a hypochondriac. Nowadays they take me very seriously. Wish I had this forum then to help me out. :)
Do take care of yourself xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment