Tuesday 7 April 2015

Poem - my first

I may have written it several years ago, but I am glad I could never  accept it.
 ........................................................................................................................................................................
 Today

Today here's my story, now here's how it goes,
My future to-date just nobody knows,
I want to run for mile and mile after mile,
To walk down the street supporting a smile,
I want to be able to skip all over the place,
I want to get happy drunk, get right off my face,

I want to just focus on things that I do,
Not get down the garden then oh! want the loo,
I want to be able to hop skip and jump,
Not worrying about what I'll possibly bump,
I have the desire to jump from a plane,
Parachute on my back, I'm not that insane,

To walk straight ahead in some kind of line,
To have an appointment, not worry about time,
Things that I can do, I can love and I care,
What does it matter if someone may stare?
There are important thing that exist in my life,
My children, my husband, just being a wife,

As I sit her and write and think what could be,
Do you know what I'll do?


                I think I'll be me

No comments:

Post a Comment