Sunday 22 February 2015

2nd page of PCS post

Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

Jo*mar's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 21,036
My Mood:

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slg1 View Post
How would one know if they have this issue? I have had xrays done of my cervical spine. Would this have shown up? Would the xray technician even diagnose this?
General x rays will only show if there is a major issue... Few, if any MD's or x ray techs are not trained in this..

Upper cervical chiros have special measuring tools/ machines, and some chiros will also use use various leg length checks.
Mine used the leg length checks, he did many checks before & after adjusting each time.

But I don't think upper cervical alone fixes all other misalignments, as the websites often suggest..
I think upper cervical is great , but i know I needed more than that alone..

__________________
Check the Helpful sticky threads near the top of every forum.
site FAQ's http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/faq.php
Use the search tool to find information posted in other NT threads & posts
Search link - http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/search.php
NT Guidelines http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1293Find more about Weather in Manning, OR
Click for weather forecast


Last edited by Jo*mar; 02-10-2015 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typo fix

Jo*mar is offline   Reply With Quote



Unread 02-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #12
Member

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 101

Default


I've had a very good experience with an Atlas Orthogonal chiro last year.
He did his own Xrays and did a bunch of other measurements. My leg lengths were almost two inches apart and no wonder I had a lot of issues. After seeing him for about 5-6 months I no longer had major back and neck pain. It really helped with neck-related headaches.
Didn't solve all my issues like they promise you, but it definitely helped with some problems I had.
I plan on going back soon for a checkup.

__________________
12/02/2012 - Light concussion at boxing practice. Ended up having PCS for about 3 months.
March 2013 - Thought that since most of my symptoms resolved I could start having fun again.
Went snowmobiling once (didn't hit my head) and concussion symptoms returned and got even worse than before.
June 2013 - accidentally bumped my head against a deck railing, and had a month-long setback.
November 2013 - drove to work after a big snowstorm and the roads were very rough, ended up having another setback.
2014 - Having setbacks after coughing/sneezing too much, or someone slapping me on the back, or any other significant jarring.
Feb 2014 - Started seeing Atlas Orthogonal chiro - most helpful doc so far.
June 2014 - Two months of physical/visual therapy - no noticeable imporvement.
September 2014 - Diagnosed with Perilymph Fistula in right ear.
November 2014 - Fistula surgery (switched to left ear before the surgery after additional testing).

Current symptoms are: inconsistent sleep patterns, headaches, vertigo/dizziness, anxiety/panic attacks, mental fog/problems with concentration, problems with computer screens, sensitivity to jolting/vibration, cannot tolerate any straining/physical exertion.

russiarulez is offline  

No comments:

Post a Comment