Thursday 27 October 2016

Misaligned Atlas and the ear - the medical world have it wrong

#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:13:28 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 361
The 'atlas' is the cervical joint at the base of the skull, and it is common to get misaligned after a fall, whiplash, blow to the head, bad posture etc. Tinnitus is one of the commoner symptoms of a misaligned atlas, together with noise sensitivity, ear fullness, ear pains, headaches, irritability, eye and cheek pains, shoulder pains etc It affects the nervous system. The trouble is if you go to a GP and explain these symptoms, 9 out of ten of them will tell you it'll clear up in a few weeks, it's psychological here take some anti-depressants. Anti-depressants may be fine on a short term, but it's only going to mask the symptom NOT treat the actual cause. Though there are some forms of treatments to HELP these symptoms like Cranial Osteopathy they are not going to fix the misalignment and you'll go on feeling the discomfort, unless you can find a Upper Cervical Chiropractitioner who is NUCCA qualified, bingo they are the ones who can help relieve these symptoms and correct these misalignments. Not everyones misalignment is the same though, I read so many appraisals about this kind of treatment. Snag is there is only one such practitioner in the Uk and Europe and she's based in central London. I know where I'll be heading off to in the new year before I'll book any holidays, so if you have similar symptoms might be worth checking out a NUCCA trained and qualified chiropractor.
barry1
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:27:36 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 481
Is this a lady, Heidi Grant, Billy, been looking at her site, this sounds really interesting, most of what ailments you described describes me, plus one other point and that is when i sleep, even if its just 30 mins etc the tinnitus increases big time, i'm so used to it doing it, but i was almost certain the position of my neck affected it, please let me know how you get on, i'll certainly be looking into this treatment, thanks
Billy1
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:56:57 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 361
Hello Barry, Yes the young lady is Heidi Grant she is based Harley St. Her consultation, xray, and first 2 treatments is £540. Dont know whether you have medical cover or not. This sort of treatment has been known to yield some positive results.
Billy1
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 11:00:07 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 361
Sorry she is based near Harley St.
Amanda
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 11:11:06 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 198
The list of symptoms you have described are also symptoms which can be caused by TMJ (jaw joint) dysfunction. TMJ dysfunction can also affect the upper neck and atlas. So if the problem is actually caused by the TMJ I doubt an atlas adjustment would be of much long term benefit, and £540 seems like a like to spend if the TMJ is the cause.
barry1
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 11:38:36 AM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 481
Don't really feel i have tmj probs Amanda, although i did have an appoinment at a maxillo facial unit that i eventually declined after nearly a year of waiting,its just that on two previous occasions i've at e.n.t. i put my case that this tinnitus stemmed from a neck prob and that just shorly before the 't' started i did also slip and have quite a bad fall, jarring my neck, but they considerred that incident in no way connected to the 't'. I'm left in a state of indecision, certainly find the cost of treatment with Heidi Grant a bit steep right now, just a matter of summing up the pro's and cons, thanks again Billy, in fact, thank , both of you
Philippa
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:02:44 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 0
Barry, what is the NUCCA?
Philippa
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:10:45 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 0
Barry, I found out about NUCCA, and from what I understand about upper cervical, this is a neck adjustment. I've heard that these are particularly risky, though, and am rather afraid of them. So I too am in a state of indecision. However, a chiropractor told me that i can exercise this area, by laying on my back on a bed, with my head and shoulder over the edge of the bed. Extremely uncomfortable, but worth a try? He wanted me to do traction exercises as well for the neck, but I didn't like the whole set up he worked in, carpet dirty etc, so I left it.
barry1
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 8:05:49 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 481
Hi Philippa,
the whole concept of tinnitus, how it actually started, for me, any means of reducing it,let alone curing it, really, is like firing shots in the dark. what Billy has mentioned put the lights back on in a workshop i closed down some time ago, although finding an upper cervical chiropractor, only one in the uk apparently seems strange, surely there must be plenty of people who could use this form of treatment, hopefully with a strong element of safety, where do you go from here, what do you really believe in, i mean if i have this realignment done would it actually stop the 't', or has my brain 'embraced' this sound reguardless of whether i remove the original cause, or not. If i was really wealthy, or this sound was totally unbearable i'd try it all, but to believe something can really work, for me, then it doesn't, been there so many times, just can't keep taking the let downs, i mean, think positive, ok, don't give up, no prob, but how can each of us, individually, assess our situations, then take the correct path, i mean i tried it for about 18 months, basically ran out of steam, guess its time to try again
Amanda
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 10:42:14 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 198
NUCCA doesn’t seem to be the only Upper Cervical chiropractic technique. There are others, have a look on this website <a href="http://www.upcspine.com/" target="_blank">http://www.upcspine.com/</a>
In an internet search I came across this chiropractor <a href="http://www.surreychiropractor.co.uk/custom_content/31844_meet_the_doctors.html" target="_blank">http://www.surreychiropractor.co.uk/custom_content/31844_meet_the_doctors.html</a> who uses the Atlas Orthogonal technique
RE3
#11 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2010 1:13:31 AM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 0
I am fascinated by this. a misaligned C1 (or Atlas) seems to responsible for a multitude of horrible symptoms but there seems to be very little information on the web.

Surely there must be chiropractors in the UK that can diagnose this by X-ray and confirm misalignment and possible treatment.

I was seeing an excellent chiro that gave me great (but temporary) relief from tinnitus and I recently e-mailed her to ask about the possibility of a problem with my C1 only to find she has moved abroad.
JoeDavid1
#12 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2010 5:20:51 AM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 0
Please stop this insanity. I have tried everything, see my previous postings. Do not waste your money on this hocus pocus "atlas" theory. T has nothing to do with this and you will waste your money, time, and actually reinforce T longer than it should be by "feeding the tiger" the attention it so desperately craves. Contact me privately and I can tell you this does not work, in fact nothing works except time, getting busy, and just moving on. Each day T will seem a little less. First for 1 minutes less per day, then 2, then 3 and so on....now, I am as happy as can be and it doesn't bother me AT ALL...but I was as desperate as the most desperate posters here. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Please....
RE3
#13 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2010 7:26:12 AM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 0
To the above poster, seasons greetings and, er... get stuffed. Chriopractic has saved my life you clearly fail to comprehend that for some, tinnitus can have everything to do with this problem. You clearly have no understanding and probably don't know what words like "subluxation" mean and the dire consequences many of us suffer from spinal problems.

You obviously haven't tried everything, because no one has tried everything. Tinnitus is far too multi-faceted a problem for anyone to pinpoint its cause unless audiometry, scans or other diagnostic techniques have ruled out the obvious and sometimes not so obvious.

When a seemingly healthy individual with no hearing loss (noise-induced, or otherwise), or ear condition / infection (otosclerosis, labyrinthitis, etc.) is afflicted with this condition, there are a multitude of possible reasons that might lie at the root of a person’s tinnitus and spinal / disc problems / misalignments is an area leading to the diagnosis of increasing number of problems.

Speaking as someone who has gained personal relief from the hands of a very good chiropractor (who would frequently give me up to 2 hours of her time for £25), who on earth would want to contact you to hear this doesn't work?

Hit the road, Jack, and come back no more, and if you do, stop being so authoritarian about a topic on which you are intellectually parlous.
Philippa
#14 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2010 4:04:40 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 0
Barry, yes one does run out of steam. I thought I had it down to a low murmur now it's gone to a noticeable hiss. Over Xmas I had to drop my routine of massages etc, so let's see if things improve going back to exercise, cranio sacral massage as before. I checked out the first site, Amanda, and in the case studies, no mention of 'curing' the T. At this point, two months from onset, I am not as freaked out about the T but occasionally ask myself, 'why me'? But still doing supplements. The 'why me?' question is partially answered by the folks on these discussion posts. This is one of the liveliest sites I've visited for any topic! But I do still ask, why me?
elaine 1
#15 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2010 4:25:14 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 0
Happy new year to you all and I'm pleased to find a site for the dreaded T phenomenon. I'm a new recruit, 6 weeks, love music worked in jazz club for a few years. I've become obsessed and read loads on subject, clinic in Amsterdam (6mnth waiting list and must speak dutch!) Germany has a neurologist Berthold Langguth who uses a magnetic machine on the head to measure/interrupt signals. Not sure yet but I speak German and will call/email and post on unless anyone else has knowledge of this?
Strange there is 'no cure' but as there are millions of sufferers they (the companies that could earn billions) are supposedly trying as this could potentially be a huge market! I prefer no but some days I'll happily submit to just about anything!
elaine 1
#16 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2010 4:28:10 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 0
sorry I prefer no if there is another way,
elaine 1
#17 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2010 4:32:36 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 0
Sorry but the word isn't allowed. To add I believe as it isn't causing physical pain as such the dilemma of T has been neglected? or it's just too complicated?
or too much research needed? would be interested to hear your points of view. elaine
Amanda
#18 Posted : Friday, January 01, 2010 5:12:49 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 198
Hi Philippa,
There is a case study of Tinnitus on the first site, have a look on this page of the site under 'Hearing disorders. <a href="http://www.upcspine.com/reslib2.asp?cat=2" target="_blank">http://www.upcspine.com/reslib2.asp?cat=2</a>
JoeDavid1
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 02, 2010 2:10:56 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 0
To the poster that claims chiropractic "saved his life", allow me to reply in a courteous and respectful manner in contrast to his/her reply. Of course at some point or another there will be individuals that will claim that dog poo has cured his cancer or whatever. What this forum is interested in is in possible repeatable treatments for T, and not a one-time, claim that this or that fixed it. I spend over 30k on my first year of T, visiting even the world's #1 T "expert" and every other quack out there, including lots of chiropractors and "atlas" experts. Just so you know, subluxation in the world of chiropractic is not exactly a medical term accepted by mainstream medicine. But that aside, people with T can chase the moon and spend thousands of dollars going after every treatment out there. So for those that did try most and let me again list what I tried:

steroids and hyperparic chambers
ginko
benzos
hypnosis
chiropractic
bowen therapy
reiki
massage therapy
homeopathy
osteopathy
sound therapy
vitamins of all types
minerals of all types
EFT tapping with 2 "experts"
accupuncture
naturopathic medicine
biofeedback with the latest equipment
complete treatment with the World's #1 T Medical Doctor.
Electircal interference at home
fungus analysis
allergy tests of all types
Every book on T
I even tried some of the experimental with no effect as prescribed by my physician.
oh and probably a lot more I can't remember.
Wait, yes, I tried cutting out sweets, chocolate, alchohol, coffee, and whatever anyone even remotely suggested out there.

If anyone wants a complete explanation of each treatment feel free to contact me privately. Again, please don't waste your money. Nothing out there today works. What does work, is ignoring it and going out and having fun and please stay away from constantly visiting forums, reading about T or discussing it with anyone, even family or friends. I am cured of T, how...by taming the tiger.
JoeDavid1
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 02, 2010 2:19:22 PM
Rank: Newbie


Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 0
You know what, on second thought, I apologize to the poster that claimed chiropractic saved his life. Maybe it did. I was too quick to judge. T is bad enough that we don't need to get into major discussions. For me, nothing worked except what I described. If anyone else wants to try anything or everything like I did, so be it and go ahead. I was basically so turned-off by all these "experts", and frankly some of the worst offenders were actual Medical Doctors (MD's) and not your run-of-the-mill weekend course-shingle-hanger that calls himself a "Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment