Monday 8 July 2013

MS Society_ bad practice and very worrying

The following is a post on MS UK website, I had to read it twice, as I really couldn't quite believe what I was reading.

I know after banning me from their site, I received a letter asking me to donate, (like thats going to happen)

They are wanting me, who is on a low income, to give them my money to look into medical research into "MS" a condition that I personally and  through my independent investigation, Know I do NOT have. I have researched alternatives and conclude that I had a misaligned Atlas and Candida, and when I do rectify 13 years of knock on affects from being out of line and walk, doubters will say well she's in remission.......WRONG again, because apparently I am secondary progressive.

I digress read the following post, the cheek

.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 11:19am
Dear All,

just thought I would post my email to the MS Society after they kept phoning me this week, it's pretty self explanatory. I know when my husband gets home and I tell him what I did I will be put on the naughty step again :(

Ruby :) it made me laugh anyway, I am not normally a complainer but in these circumstances I will make an exception.

PS my spelling isn't normally this bad but I haven't changed it because I was too bone idle to do so, honest I can type and spell when I concentrate, really I can.

My Email to the MS Society below

Dera Sir/Madam,

I wish to register a complaint regarding the marketing telephone call I received yesterday.

For the past 3 to 4 days someone has been calling me but I have not been able to get to the phone before they have hung up.
Yestrday 04/07/2013 I had the phone near me when it rang and I recognised the number as the on that had been calling me as above.

When I answered the phone the lady explained she was calling on behalf of the MS scoiety and she wanted my feedback on the MS Society as I had previously been a member.

She went through some banal statements and questions and asked me what I thought of the MS Society. I told her I didnt like the website, as I had my computer on I was able to explain the the current mews was actually dated 26/06/2013.

She stroked my ego and agreed that it wasnt very good, got excited and said this was just the sort of feed back the society wanted.

I was then told about a new drug, that I cant remember and that the MS Socoty needed money to conitnue their research adn would I be willing to donate £8 per month. I said no.

She than asked would I be able to donate £4 a month.
I said no.

She thanked me for my time and then told me she had to read a statement to me.

In the statement she said that the MS scoiety was paying her compnay £4.7k to do this campaign (my word not hers) and that MS Scoirety could raise £8k and that this was an annual figure per year as once people set up  a direct debit it would normally carry on year on year and the MS society preferred to be able to budget so that they could paln their spening over a twelve month basis (my interpretation as I can barely remember her actual woirds).

My complaint is as follows;

I do not appreciate you giving my information to your marketing company to try and squeeze money out of me.

When I say no I mean no and trying to get me on board at a lower amount isnt going to wrok.

Try as she might this person should not offer me any sympathy be that in her tone of voice, telling me how bad multiple sclerosis is or what drugs are available?

Where the hell does a tele sales person get off telling me what's available for my condition?

How can this tele sales campaign not give me enough time to get to the phone if they know 'how bad ms can be?' I needed to get to the phone to ask them to stop telephoning me.

How does £8k a year provide enough money for research? Do you have an MS Gerbil that you are practising on? How does it respond to condescending chatter?

I hope that you take my complaint seriously. I suggest that you look inwards in order to see what you could do to improve your organisation and I have the following suggestions;
  • Your website - have a look at the MS-UK website, this is by far a better resource than the MS Society.
  • If you are going to cold call people through a 3rd party, try making sure they are aware of what they are doing, who they are speaking to and at least confirm that the person they are calling has time to get to the phone.
  • Telling me about a 'Drug' is an insult. I cant remember what its called. My consultant is quite capable of discussing possible drugs with me when I see him at the clinic.
  • Try putting a paypal donate button on your website if you're that desperate for cash
  • The donate process on the MS website is by far too complex, I have taken a long time to write this email this morning, over an hour and a half, filling in a form like the one linked to your donate button because you are attempting to collect every scrap of information form people is counter productive in these circumstances.
Please remove my personal information from your records, please do not release my telephone number to any third parties ever again, please note failure to do so will result in my issuing a complaint to the Information Commissioners office.

Regards

My real name here- Having a bad day? Try living in my world.
Back to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment