Sunday 16 November 2014

Doctors do not have a clue. She has Atlas misalignment definitely and possibly Candida. The last place she should be is MSS message boards

So Angry At This Site!
So, I came across this site, and instead of feeling relief I have to say I am angry. Angry that for the past 10 years not one Doctor has ever mentioned MS to me. Angry that after reading through the forum, ordinary people like me are able to give more advice and support to others than any Doctor I have ever met.
If you think that my anger is unfounded, have a look at some of the diagnosis I have received.
1. Drink more water - Thanks Doc, yes I am sure a good dose of fluoride is what I need for the fatigue that has me sitting in the afternoon not able to do much more other than drool.
2. Have less sex - Honestly, that is what a doctor recommended to me after noticing my tan. I am not sure what type of holiday she thought I was on considering I went with my parents, but apparently this would help with the recurrent bladder infections.
3. Rare Infection - Which only strikes when no-one is looking. It doesn't show in the bloods because it takes two weeks for an appointment and by that time it has gone. But comes back again. Must be a very intelligent virus I have that has gotten very good at hide and seek.
4. Muscle Arthritis - After falling flat on my face when I discovered I couldn't feel my legs. Trying to swim across my carpet like Nemo with only one arm working is relatively normal in people with muscle arthritis.
5. Pins & Needles - Sitting/standing too long
6. Heart palpitations/fainting - Stress/panic attacks. Nothing to do with the mini heart attack I have just found out Ive had in the past then Doc? Or the heart block I have? Is that not strange I am only 29? No? Oh ok then.
7. Look Healthy - Having a good figure naturally and eating well means I can't possible be ill.
8. Diminished reflexes - "I can refer you to a Neurologist but they are pretty much pointless and won't tell you anything"
9. Dyslexia - I must have picked this up along with that mysterious virus. Hope it's not catching.
10. Muscle pain - Scoliosis
11. Spasms - Scoliosis
12. Lock Jaw - Scoliosis
​13. Blurred Vision - Scoliosis       
​Seriously? Though what do I expect when I go in and can only see out of one eye and tell him I have an eye infection and he asks how do I know? Listen Mister, I may have brain fog but im pretty sure I know what an infection looks like.
Wow, after writing that down I feel like I complain a lot but I can assure you I really don't. This might come as a surprise but I don't like to visit the doctor. My blood tests always come back "fine" so as it is clearly all in my head I set about making plans to improve my health. I WILL myself better. Every night before going to bed I tell myself "tomorrow is going to be a great day". All it takes is positive mental attitude. You would think after 10 years I would have given up by now but nope, I still do that every single night. In fact, I have gotten very good at talking to myself. I don't think I know anyone else who gives each body part as much encouragement as I do. "Come on legs, we've only got to make it to the next room."
When willpower alone doesn't cut the mustard, I try various cures which I get very excited about, diets, exercises, supplements. Though I did see a big improvement in other areas of my health when I cut out meat, diary, gluten, wheat, processed foods, caffeine, tap water, bottled water, fizzy drinks and anything non-organic - such as better skin, none of it has been particularly useful.
So what now? I guess I have plenty of time to read into this a bit more as it will probably take me about about 6 months to pick up the phone and make another appointment. In the meantime I will continue to lie to everyone I know about my whereabouts or why a simple text message was impossible to send (Apple must owe me a fortune for the many times my phone is broke/frozen/out of signal).
At least trying to explain why I feel like a circuit board that is wired incorrectly will be a lot easier now I have some fantastic information to hand thanks to you guys. For the first time ever, I feel I am not alone in this. It took me a while to even recognise my symptoms. I blamed them on anything I could think of and told myself they would go away. They didn't. And when I tried to explain my symptoms to others I was told "oh yeah, I get that too". But ive since learned they don't have a clue what I am on about.
Thanks again guys. I can now stop feeling like im crazy - well at least until I visit the doctors again ;)
xxx
  

No comments:

Post a Comment